Contact: John Johnson or Andy Frushour
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Nov. 18 – A fourteenth football game has been added to the list of MHSAA Football Playoff Semifinals having their video streamed live this weekend on the FoxSportsDetroit.com and MHSAA.tv websites.
A Division 4 contest pitting Williamston against Detroit Crockett at Detroit Catholic Central High School at 1 p.m. Saturday was added to the schedule today.
Fourteen football games, the 12 matches of the Girls Volleyball Semifinals and Finals; and the Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals in three divisions are now scheduled to be streamed live Thursday, Friday and Saturday; and two additional football semifinal contests will be uploaded at their conclusion on Saturday.
Here are the Football Semifinal Games that will be streamed this weekend. All games are Saturday at 1 p.m. unless otherwise noted:
• Rockford v. Plymouth – Division 1
• Lake Orion v. Detroit Cass Tech – Division 1
• Lowell v. Walled Lake Central – Division 2
• Mt. Pleasant v. East Grand Rapids – Division 3
• DeWitt v. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s – Division 3
• Grand Rapids Catholic Central v. Edwardsburg – Division 4
• Williamston v. Detroit Crockett – Division 4
• Grand Rapids West Catholic v. Menominee – Division 5 – 2 p.m. Saturday
• Olivet v. Millington – Division 5
• Ithaca v. Iron Mountain – Division 6 – 11 a.m. Saturday
• Constantine v. Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central – Division 6
• Ishpeming v. Ravenna – Division 7
• Crystal Falls Forest Park v. Mt. Pleasant Sacred Heart – Division 8 – 7:30 p.m. Friday
• Fulton v. Saugatuck - Division 8
The streaming of all game is subject to internet connectivity at the venues. The remaining games – Farmington Hills Harrison v. Grosse Pointe South in Division 2, and Warren Michigan Collegiate v. Hudson in Division 7 – will be uploaded at their conclusion. All games will be archived on the MHSAA.tv Website.
Saturday’s Finals coverage in Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving at Eastern Michigan University, Oakland University and the Holland Aquatics Center begins at Noon. All of the action will be archived on the MHSAA.tv Website. The Finals will be shown on cable television in December on Fox Sports Detroit and Comcast Channel 900. Visit the MHSAA.tv Website for a schedule.
|Girls Volleyball Semifinal coverage begins at 2 p.m. on Thursday and Friday from Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek on the FoxSportsDetroit.com and MHSAA.tv Websites. Saturday’s Finals begin at 10 a.m. exclusively on FoxSportsDetroit.com and FOX Sports Detroit PLUS. All matches will be archived on the MHSAA.tv Website.
The MHSAA is a private, not-for-profit corporation of voluntary membership by over 1,600 public and private senior high schools and junior high/middle schools which exists to develop common rules for athletic eligibility and competition. No government funds or tax dollars support the MHSAA, which was the first such association nationally to not accept membership dues or tournament entry fees from schools. Member schools which enforce these rules are permitted to participate in MHSAA tournaments, which attract approximately 1.6 million spectators each year.