posted on August 02, 2011 03:44
While a college English major and during the years immediately following my graduation, I read all the works of Ernest Hemingway I could put my hands on. I was drawn to his straightforward prose – “Boiling it down always, rather than spreading it out thin,” he once wrote about his approach to writing.
Now as I complete a second year of blogging, I think of Hemingway’s description of his own work and how perfect he would be for today’s blogosphere which, 104 weeks ago, I joined with twice-weekly postings. Boiling it down more than spreading it out thinly, I hope.
I recognize that, on at least a few occasions, I’ve swung and missed with my message; but the purpose of my attempts in this space has been to further this website’s efforts to contribute positively to the conversation about educational athletics in Michigan.
During the past several years, MHSAA.com has moved from the outer rings to the hub of the school sports information wheel; and there will be new services and features added to strengthen our voice sports season-by-sports season during 2011-12. Anticipate . . .
- Original and aggregated news content frequently refreshed.
- More complete schedules and even faster results.
- Expansion to other sports of the integrated brackets that were so popular for MHSAA Basketball Tournaments last March.
- More social media and mobile applications.
- More educational resources for students, parents, coaches, administrators, officials, media and others.
- More MHSAA and local school productions on MHSAA.tv.