posted on April 09, 2013 10:28
Contact: John Johnson or Geoff Kimmerly
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – April 9 – Single-event videos from winter MHSAA Championships in Individual Wrestling and Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving will become available soon on the MHSAA.tv website and for Comcast subscribers through Xfinity On Demand.
All of the individual events from the Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Finals, and the title match in each weight class from the Individual Wrestling Finals in March will be available on both platforms, allowing viewers to focus on their favorite team or individual. Among the highlights of those videos are:
· Adam Coon of Fowlerville of St. Johns won his fourth MHSAA Individual Wrestling title; and Ben Whitford of St. Johns captured a fourth straight state association championship with his second Michigan crown after winning Illinois honors as a freshman and sophomore.
· Hartland teammates Austin Eicher and Jacob Gorial squaring off in the 130-pound Division 1 championship match at the Individual Wrestling Finals.
· Brothers Kanen at 103 pounds and Zehlin Storr at 135 pounds of Leslie finishing their respective seasons undefeated with titles at the Division 3 Individual Wrestling Finals.
· Josh Ehrman of Saline setting all-division records at the Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Finals in the 200-Yard Individual Medley and the 100-Yard Breaststroke; and swimming a leg of a record-setting 200-Yard Medley Relay.
· A record-breaking photo finish victory for Holland over Ann Arbor Pioneer in the 200-Yard Medley Relay at the Division 2 Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Finals.
In addition to the latest VOD selections, Xfinity on Demand viewers can catch MHSAA action in Girls and Boys Basketball, Girls Competitive Cheer, Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming and Ice Hockey. Here’s the complete list of events available in April on Xfinity on Demand:
Available Through April 18
Girls Competitive Cheer Finals – Full-length coverage of all four divisions
Available Through April 21
Ice Hockey Finals – Highlights of championship games in all three divisions
Girls Basketball Semifinals – Highlights of all eight semifinal contests
Available Through April 25
Division 3 Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming Finals – All events
Available Through April 28
Division 2 Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming Finals – All events
Available Through April 30
Boys Basketball Semifinals – Highlights of all eight semifinal contests
Division 1 Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming Finals – All events
Available through May 8
Division 3 & 4 Individual Wrestling Finals – Championship match in each weight class
Available April 12 through May 13
Division 1 & 2 Individual Wrestling Finals – Championship match in each weight class
Coverage of Spring athletic events continues this week for MHSAA members involved in the School Broadcast Program.
Approximately 60 schools are involved in the School Broadcast Program, which is in its fourth year. Since the beginning of the school year, Michigan schools have produced 1,825 events, helping to contribute to the 1.42 million pageviews that MHSAA.tv has received. In 2011-12, student-produced events totaled 2,474 over the entire school year.
Here’s the schedule of schools planning to cover games in the coming week, which will be available at MHSAA.tv shortly after each event’s conclusion:
Tuesday – April 9
Softball – Lincoln Alcona at Hillman
Track & Field – Grant at Ludington
Thursday – April 11
Girls Soccer – Mason County Central at Ludington
Saturday – April 13
Softball – Ludington Tournament
Tuesday – April 16
Baseball – Muskegon Orchard View at Ludington