Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EAST LANSING, Mich. – June 3 – Lacrosse grabs the spotlight this week, with Saturday’s (June 7) championship games in the greater Grand Rapids area available live in audio and video on the MHSAANetwork.com and MHSAA.tv Websites.
Coverage begins at 2 p.m. (EDT) with the Division 2 championship game in the Boys Lacrosse Tournament at East Grand Rapids High School, and the Division 1 title tilt in the Girls Lacrosse Tournament at Rockford High School. Those games will be followed at 4:30 p.m. by the Division 1 Boys Final at East GR and the Division 2 Girls Final at Rockford. Finalists will be determined in Semifinal contests on Wednesday (June 4). Here’s the Semifinal schedule:
Boys Division 1
Birmingham Brother Rice v. Detroit U-D Jesuit at Birmingham Seaholm - 7 p.m.
Detroit Catholic Central v. Forest Hills Northern at Howell Parker- 7 p.m.
Boys Division 2
Detroit Country Day v. East Grand Rapids at Holt - 6 p.m.
Forest Hills Central v. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood at Howell Parker - 5:30 p.m
Girls Division 1 at Brighton
Birmingham Seaholm v. Rockford - 5 p.m.
Ann Arbor Pioneer v. Hartland - 7 p.m.
Girls Division 2 at Okemos
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood v. East Grand Rapids - 5 p.m.
Livonia Ladywood v. Okemos - 7 p.m.
A Month Pass on MHSAA.tv will give a viewer access to live events over a 30-day period from the time it is purchased. Month Pass sales are underway at MHSAA.tv. Over the next two weekends of live Spring championship coverage, the following events will be featured:
- Lacrosse Finals – June 7
- Baseball-Softball Semifinals and Finals – June 12-14
- Lower Peninsula Girls Soccer Finals – June 14
A Day Pass is available for $9.95. All events will be available for free on-demand viewing by Wednesday the week following their initial live airing. Subscribers can access the games on their home/laptop computers or on their handheld devices. Visit your Apple or Android Store to download the free app.
In other tournament coverage news, MHSAA.tv will debut in July highlights of this week’s Lower Peninsula Boys Golf Finals.
The MHSAA Championship Radio Network completes its 92-game schedule for the 2013-14 school year over the next two weekends, providing audio coverage of all of the Lacrosse Finals this week, and all of the Semifinals and Finals in Baseball and Softball next week.
Listeners can call up the games on their home/laptop computer at MHSAANetwork.com or on their handheld devices. The mobile site can accommodate iPhone, IPad, Kindle, Android and Blueberry users. The mobile site address is: http://m.mhsaa.ezstream.com.
Highlights of last weekend’s MHSAA Track & Field Finals are now available on the MHSAA.tv Website.
The highlights package includes:
- Lindsay Rudden of Marquette becoming the first girl to break the 5-minute mark in the 1,600-meter run at the Upper Peninsula Finals.
- Great duals in the 200-meter dash between:
- Sekayi Bracey of East Kentwood and Anna Jefferson of Oak Park
- Joshuwa Holloman of Auburn Hills Avondale and Danny Bauder of Zeeland West
- Josie Yesmunt of DeWitt and Taylor Manson of Lansing Waverly;
- Final lap kicks by Grant Fisher of Grand Blanc to win the 3,200-meter run and Karrigan Smith of St. Johns score a win in the 1,600;
- Record-setting performances by Nolen Bright-Mitchell of Concord, Michelle Davis of Reading and Angie Ritter of Frankenmuth; and
- A photo finish win for Munising’s Andy Cooper in the 110-meter hurdles, one of his 4 victories on the day.