Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Feb. 23 – The first of two weekends of Wrestling Finals action headlines the live content available on a subscription basis on MHSAA.tv in the coming week.
Thirty-two schools from across the state will take part in the Team Dual Wrestling Finals at McGuirk Arena in Mt. Pleasant Friday and Saturday (Feb. 26-27) and all 32 matches will be streamed live. On Saturday, the Division 3 Regionals in the Girls Competitive Cheer Torunament will be broadcast.
On Monday (Feb. 29), the first ever live coverage of skiing will take place when the Student Broadcast Program at Marquette High School streams the Division 1 Boys & Girls Skiing Finals at Marquette Mountain. Later that day, Girls Basketball Tournament action grabs the spotlight with two games from a Class C District at Laingsburg High School, with an SBP crew from Montrose High School providing the coverage.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand - are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. The best deal is to purchase the Month Pass for $14.95, which allows live viewing of all MHSAA Tournament action to be covered over the next five weekends – including Individual Wrestling, Girls Competitive Cheer, Ice Hockey, Girls Gymnastics, Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving, and Girls and Boys Basketball. A Day Pass is also available for $9.95. All events become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here is the schedule for the coming week of winter MHSAA Tournaments on MHSAA.TV (As of Feb. 22, subject to change):
Friday, February 26 - Team Dual Wrestling at Mt. Pleasant – With seed numbers
Division 4 Quarterfinals @ Noon
- #1 New Lothrop (21-5) vs. #8 Munising (19-5)
- #4 Hesperia (36-6) vs. #5 Springport (28-6)
- #3 Hudson (16-14) vs. #6 Manchester (23-6)
- #2 Decatur (27-3) vs. #7 Leroy Pine River (25-4)
Division 1 Quarterfinals @ 2 p.m.
- #1 Hartland (31-1) vs. #8 Temperance Bedford (21-4)
- #4 Oxford (23-8) vs. #5 Hudsonville (26-5)
- #3 Detroit Catholic Central (15-5) vs. #6 Macomb Dakota (27-11)
- #2 Davison (22-4) vs. #7 Grand Ledge (19-7)
Division 3 Quarterfinals @ 4 p.m.
- #1 Dundee (18-0) vs. #8 Delton Kellogg (18-3)
- #4 Richmond (24-10) vs. #5 Whitehall (25-1)
- #3 Lake Fenton (38-3) vs. #6 Birch Run (26-4)
- #2 Remus Chippewa Hills (39-1) vs. #7 Gladstone (16-1)
Division 2 Quarterfinals @ 6 p.m.
- #1 Lowell (19-3) vs. #8 Sturgis (27-7)
- #4 Goodrich (33-4) vs. #5 Allegan (29-5)
- #3 Gaylord (41-1) vs. #6 Warren Woods-Tower (26-6)
- #2 St. Johns (26-4) vs. #7 Dearborn Heights Annapolis (38-3)
Saturday, February 27
Team Dual Wrestling at Mt. Pleasant
Division 1 Semifinals @ 10 a.m.
- Hartland/Temperance Bedford winner vs. Oxford/Hudsonville winner
- Detroit Catholic Central/Macomb Dakota winner vs. Davison/Grand Ledge winner
Division 4 Semifinals @ 10 a.m.
- New Lothrop/Munising winner vs. Hesperia/Springport winner
- Hudson/Manchester winner vs. Decatur/Leroy Pine River winner
Division 2 Semifinals @ Noon
- Lowell/Sturgis winner vs. Goodrich/Allegan winner
- Gaylord/Warren Woods-Tower winner vs. St. Johns/Dearborn Heights Annapolis winner
Division 3 Semifinals @ Noon
- Dundee/Delton Kellogg winner vs. Richmond/Whitehall winner
- Lake Fenton/Birch Run winner vs. Remus Chippewa Hills/Gladstone winner
Finals – All Divisions – 3:30 p.m.
Competitive Cheer Division 3 Regionals at Rockford - 6 p.m.
Competitive Cheer Division 3 Regionals at Flint Kearsley - 6 p.m.
Monday, February 29
Division 1 Skiing Finals at Marquette – 10 a.m.
Class C Girls Basketball District First Round at Laingsburg
- Byron v. Saranac – 5:30 p.m.
- Laingsburg v. Carson City-Crystal – 7 p.m.
In its seventh year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events; with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
Here’s the schedule of School Broadcast Program members planning to stream athletic competition this week for broadcast at MHSAA.tv. On-Demand listings may be available as soon as one hour following an event’s completion. (List as of Feb. 22):
Tuesday, February 23
Wednesday, February 24
Thursday, February 25
- Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park – Freshman Boys Basketball – 4 p.m.
- Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park – JV Boys Basketball – 5:30 p.m.
- Romeo at Lake Orion – Ice Hockey – 7:45 p.m.
Friday, February 26
- Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park – Girls Basketball – 6 p.m.
- Lansing Waverly at Haslett – Girls Basketball – 6 p.m. - LIVE
- Fairview at Rogers City – JV Boys Basketball – 6 p.m. – On-Demand
- Gaylord at Alpena – Ice Hockey – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Lapeer at Lake Orion – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Trenton at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood – 7:15 p.m. – LIVE
- Lake Linden-Hubbell at Calumet – Boys Basketball – 7:20 p.m. – LIVE
- Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park – Boys Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Lansing Waverly at Haslett – Boys Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Fairview at Rogers City – Boys Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
Monday, February 29
- Posen vs. Hillman @ Rogers City – Class D Girls Basketball District – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
Tuesday, March 1
- Traverse City West at Alpena – JV Boys Basketball – 5:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Traverse City West at Alpena – Boys Basketball – 7p.m. – LIVE
- Eaton Rapids at Haslett – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Comstock at Plainwell – Boys Basketball – 7:15 p.m. – LIVE
Wednesday, March 2
- Onaway at Rogers City – Class D Girls Basketball District – 6 p.m. – LIVE
- Waterford Mott/Oxford winner at Lake Orion – Class A Girls Basketball District – 7 p.m. - LIVE
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
This Week In High School Sports leads off with a Second Half feature about Jenn DeBoer of Grand Rapids South Christian, acknowledges our Michigan Army National Guard Performer of the week, passes out two Game Balls, discusses the art of officiating on Be The Referee, and finishes with a story about what a basketball officiating crew did recently at halftime of a game that was appreciated. For a complete list of complete list of outlets carrying the program, and to listen to archived programs, visit the This Week In High School Sports page of the MHSAA Website.