Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Sept. 26 – As we hit the home stretch of the regular season in football, MHSAA.tv will play host to key games produced by MHSAA member schools participating in the School Broadcast Program.
Topping this week’s list of nearly 50 events is an O-K Conference-Blue Division matchup with Grand Rapids West Catholic playing at Comstock Park on Friday (Sept. 29) at 7 p.m. The two teams are tied with Grand Rapids Catholic Central atop the Blue right now at 2-0, and have overall records of 4-1. Comstock Park was ranked ninth last week in the Associated Press Division 4 rankings, while West Catholic was first in Division 5.
In its ninth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events; with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of video streams available being produced by SBP members:
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- JV Girls Volleyball - Spring Lake at Comstock Park, 5 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Ontonagon at Dollar Bay, 5 p.m.
- Freshman Girls Volleyball - Gabriel Richard at Macomb Lutheran North, 5:30 p.m.
- JV Girls Volleyball – Stanton Central Montcalm at Fremont, 5:30 p.m.
- JV Girls Volleyball - Gabriel Richard at Macomb Lutheran North, 5:30 p.m.
- Boys Soccer - Belding at Wyoming Lee, 6 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Chassell at Lake Linden-Hubbell, 6 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Spring Lake at Comstock Park, 6 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Ashley at Vestaburg, 7 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Clarkston at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Gabriel Richard at Macomb Lutheran North, 7 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Stanton Central Montcalm at Fremont, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 27
Thursday, Sept. 28
- Freshman Football - Edwardsburg at Plainwell, 4:30 p.m.
- Freshman Football - Alma at Freeland, 4:30 p.m.
- JV Girls Volleyball - Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park, 5 p.m.
- Freshman Girls Volleyball - Durand at Otisville Lakeville, 6 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park, 6 p.m.
- JV Football - Alma at Freeland, 6 p.m.
- JV Girls Volleyball - Durand at Otisville Lakeville, 6 p.m.
- JV Football - Edwardsburg at Plainwell, 6:15 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - L'Anse at Calumet, 6:30 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Durand at Otisville Lakeville, 6:30 p.m.
- JV Football - Munising at Norway, 6:30 p.m.
- Boys Soccer – Lowell at Cedar Springs, 6:45 p.m.
- Boys Soccer - Kingsford at Marquette, 7 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 29
Saturday, Sept. 30
Monday, Oct. 2
Tuesday, Oct. 3
Wednesday, Oct. 4
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $9.95 a month. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on- demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. School Broadcast Program participants will also be selling Season and Annual Passes at a discounted rate. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Highlights of games produced in the past week by MHSAA School Broadcast Program members are in their fourth week. Featured events are in football with Hudsonville Unity Christian at Comstock Park; girls volleyball with Lake Fenton at Otisville Lakeville; and in girls swimming & diving with Holt at East Lansing. Highlights can be found each week on the MHSAA.tv website, the home page of the MHSAA Website, and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube.
A record 105 radio stations and web-based audio outlets carry the MHSAA Network’s This Week In High School Sports.
This week’s show features Conner McCoy of Lincoln Alcona’s boys soccer team; passes out Game Balls to Ileah Doctor of East Grand Rapids, and Bloomfield Hills’ Mikaela Schulz; talks about misunderstood football kicking rules in the Be The Referee segment; and closes with a commentary on two more great examples of sportsmanship by Pellston’s Alice Principi in cross country and the boys soccer coaching staff at East Grand Rapids.
A complete list of outlets where you can listen to the show can be found on the This Week In High School Sports page of the MHSAA Website.
This Week In High School Sports is posted to the home page of the MHSAA Website by Noon on Tuesday each week; and is also available on the MHSAA Network Website.
More than 15 football games are featured each week on the State Champs! Sports Network Extra Point – powered by the Michigan High School Athletic Association - Saturday at 10 a.m. on FOX Sports Detroit.
The half hour program features highlights from over a dozen games each week, including clips from games produced by MHSAA School Broadcast Program members. The program airs multiple times each weekend on FOX Sports Detroit and on Comcast Channel 900, and is archived on the State Champs YouTube Channel. Consult your local listings for additional playback times.
Here are some of the games to be featured this week on State Champs! Extra Point:
- White Lake Lakeland at Walled Lake Western
- Kalamazoo Loy Norrix at Mattawan
- Belleville at Dearborn Fordson
- Canton at Livonia Stevenson
- Detroit Cody at Detroit Cass Tech
- Melvindale at Woodhaven
PLUS - Additional coverage from Grand Rapids, Lansing, Flint, Upper Peninsula and School Broadcast Program games.
The MHSAA also has a presence on other State Champs! Network programs throughout each weekend. The MHSAA Minute is a weekly part of the State Champs! High School Sports Show on FOX Sports Detroit at 9 a.m. every Sunday - with multiple replays on FOX Sports Detroit and Comcast Channel 900 throughout the week. The program is also archived on the State Champs YouTube Channel. Consult your local listings for additional playback times.
This week’s MHSAA Minute on State Champs talks about concussion protocols and the Association’s concussion insurance program.
The MHSAA also has content on the State Champs Scoreboard! High School Football Radio Show on Friday nights during the football and basketball seasons, originating on WXYT-FM (97.1) in Detroit and being carried on over 10 radio stations across the state. This Week In High School Sports and Be The Referee are weekly features on the program.