posted on February 27, 2018 15:50
Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Feb. 27 – Another big weekend of MHSAA Championships take place on Friday and Saturday (March 2-3) on MHSAA.tv, as March Magic marches onto the Individual Wrestling and Girls Competitive Cheer mats.
Live Finals streaming this week begins at Noon on Friday from Ford Field in Detroit at the Individual Wrestling Finals. Manned cameras will be on each of 20 mats on the floor, and include full graphics to indicate the participants in each match, plus full in-progress scoring information via Trackwrestling.
The Girls Competitive Cheer Finals at the DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids begin Friday evening with activity in Division 1, followed by the other three divisions on Saturday.
Here’s the complete wrestling coverage schedule:
- Friday – Rounds 1-2-3-4 – Noon
- Friday – Semifinal Round – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday – Rounds 6-7-8 – 8:30 a.m. - Round 6 at 8:30 a.m. is the third Consolation round. Round 7 at about 9:45 a.m. is the fourth Consolation Round. Round 8 at about 11 a.m. is the final round in the Consolation bracket.
- Saturday – Finals – 3 p.m.
You can get to all of the wrestling action on a single landing page on the NFHS Network – Click Here.
Here’s the complete cheer coverage schedule:
- Friday – Division 1 – 6 p.m. (East Kentwood, Grand Blanc, Grandville, Lake Orion, Rochester, Rochester Adams, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Sterling Heights Stevenson)
- Saturday – Division 2 – 10 a.m. (Allen Park, Dearborn Divine Child, DeWitt, Gibraltar Carlson, Grand Rapids Kenowa Hills, Muskegon Mona Shores, Muskegon Reeths-Puffer,
- Saturday - Division 4 – 2 p.m. (Addison, Adrian Madison, Farwell, Houghton Lake, Hudson, Merrill, Pewamo-Westphalia, Sanford Meridian)
- Saturday - Division 3 – 6 p.m. (Charlotte, Comstock Park, Escanaba, Flat Rock, Lake Odessa Lakewood, Monroe Jefferson, Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Richmond)
The continued Wrestling and full Cheer coverage is part of six straight weekends of live MHSAA Championship coverage on MHSAA.tv and online viewers can catch every weekend of action for one low cost of $9.95. Over the next three weekends of live Winter championship coverage, the following events will be featured:
- March 8-10 – Ice Hockey Semifinals & Finals
- March 13 – Girls Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 15-16 – Girls Basketball Semifinals
- March 20 – Boys Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 22-23 – Boys Basketball Semifinals
In addition to all of the tournament action, regular-season coverage of contests by participants in the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program will bring over 45 contests into homes over the coming week – including a number of District contests in Girls Basketball.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of video streams available being produced by SBP members:
Tuesday, Feb. 27
Wednesday, Feb. 28
Thursday, March 1
Friday, March 2
Monday, March 5
Be sure to check Upcoming Events on the MHSAA.tv home page daily for last-minute additions.
In its ninth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events; with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution - is used by schools wishing to live stream games, but lack the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Highlights of games produced in the past week by MHSAA School Broadcast Program members
Feature a girls basketball game between Powers North Central at Norway, and a boys basketball game with Fowlerville at Lansing Catholic.
Highlights can be found each week on the MHSAA.tv website, the home page of the MHSAA Website, and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube.
A record 105 radio stations and web-based audio outlets carry the MHSAA Network’s This Week In High School Sports.
This week’s show features The Herd at Buchanan, the winner of this year’s Battle of the Fans; passes out Game Balls to the winning teams at the MHSAA Skiing Finals; discusses diving on the floor for a loose basketball in the Be The Referee segment; and closes with an MHSAA Perspective – Good Optics/Bad Optics.
A complete list of outlets where you can listen to the show can be found on the This Week In High School Sports page of the MHSAA Website.
This Week In High School Sports and Be The Referee are posted to the home page of the MHSAA Website by Noon on Tuesday each week; and is also available on the MHSAA Network Website.