Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Feb. 18 – The schedule for this week on MHSAA.tv features Unified Basketball on Thursday (Feb. 21) and the MHSAA Team Wrestling Finals over the weekend.
The Kensington Lakes Activities Association will conduct its Unified Basketball Tournament on Thursday at Novi High School. Unified Sports bring together individuals of similar ages and abilities with and without disabilities on teams together fostering friendship and acceptance through the power of sport. Through this partnership, Special Olympics Michigan and the MHSAA share resources and networks with the hope of expanding the reach of Unified Sports and to broaden the reach of youth athletic opportunities within a school.
Thursday's event begins at 4 p.m. with pool play, and concludes at 7:15 with the championship game and awards for all participants. MHSAA.tv will stream live video of games taking place in the main gym at Novi. Here’s the complete schedule:
Pool Play – 4 p.m. – Livonia Franklin v. Plymouth-Canton-Salem; Wayne Memorial v. Belleville; Wayne Memorial v. Livonia Churchill; Wayne Memorial v. Plymouth-Canton-Salem; Wayne Memorial v. Livonia Franklin.
Bracket Play – 6:30 p.m.
Final Game & Awards – 7:15 p.m.
Team Wrestling at the Wings Event Center in Kalamazoo takes place on Friday and Saturday (Feb. 22-23), the second of six straight weekends of Winter Finals tournament coverage on MHSAA.tv , with Quarterfinals on Friday; Semifinals Saturday morning; and Finals Saturday afternoon. Here’s the complete schedule:
Friday – Feb. 22
Quarterfinals – Mat 1
- Noon – Div. 4 – New Lothrop v. Manchester
- 2:15 PM – Div. 1 – Detroit Catholic Central v. Clarkston
- 4:30 PM – Div. 3 – Whitehall v. Alma
- 6:45 PM – Div. 2 – Goodrich v. Niles
Quarterfinals – Mat 2
- Noon – Div. 4 – Hudson v. Leroy Pine River
- 2:15 PM – Div. 1 – Brighton v. Macomb Dakota
- 4:30 PM – Div. 3 – Remus Chippewa Hills v. Montrose
- 6:45 PM – Div. 2 – Lowell v. Cedar Springs
Quarterfinals – Mat 3
- Noon – Div. 4 – Carson City-Crystal v. Onaway
- 2:15 PM – Div. 1 – Davison v. Rockford
- 4:30 PM – Div. 3 – Richmond v. Shepherd
- 6:45 PM – Div. 2 – DeWitt v. Warren Woods-Tower
Quarterfinals – Mat 4
- Noon – Div. 4 – Clinton v. Schoolcraft
- 2:15 PM – Div. 1 – Westland John Glenn v. Hartland
- 4:30 PM – Div. 3 – Dundee v. Dowagiac
- 6:45 PM – Div. 2 – Gaylord v. Tecumseh
Saturday – Feb. 23
Semifinals – Mat 1
- 9:30 AM – Div. 1 – Detroit CC/Clarkston winner v. Westland John Glenn/Hartland winner
- Noon – Div. 2 – DeWitt/Warren Woods-Tower winner v. Goodrich/Niles winner
Semifinals – Mat 2
- 9:30 AM – Div. 1 – Davison/Rockford winner v. Brighton/Macomb Dakota winner
- Noon – Div. 2 – Lowell/Cedar Springs winner v. Gaylord/Tecumseh winner
Semifinals – Mat 3
- 9:30 AM – Div. 4 – Hudson/Leroy Pine River winner v. Carson City-Crystal/Onaway winner
- Noon – Div. 3 – Richmond/Shepherd winner v. Chippewa Hills/Montrose winner
Semifinals – Mat 4
- 9:30 AM – Div. 4 - Clinton/Schoolcraft winner v. New Lothrop/Manchester winner
- Noon – Div. 1 – Whitehall/Alma winner v. Dundee/Dowagiac winner
Finals – Mat 1
Finals – Mat 2
Finals – Mat 3
Finals – Mat 4
Over the remainder of the Winter season, MHSAA.tv will have live coverage of the following:
- Individual Wrestling Finals – March 1-2
- Girls Competitive Cheer Finals – March 1-2
- Ice Hockey Semifinals & Finals – March 7-8-9
- L.P. Boys Swimming & Diving Finals – March 9
- Boys Basketball Quarterfinals & Semifinals – March 12, 14-15
- Girls Basketball Quarterfinals & Semifinals – March 19, 21-22
Fans can purchase a Month Pass to watch on the NFHS Network for $9.95, which allows three log-ons. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country for 30 days. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live.
In addition to this weekend’s wrestling action, there will also be coverage of regular-season basketball and Girls Competitive Cheer Regionals being produced by School Broadcast Program participants.
Here’s the remainder of week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of video streams available being produced by SBP members. Check the online schedule throughout the week for late changes.
Tuesday - Feb. 19
Wednesday - Feb. 20
Thursday - Feb. 21
Friday - Feb. 22
Saturday – Feb. 23
Monday – Feb. 25
Tuesday - Feb. 26
In its tenth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events; with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution - is used by schools wishing to live stream games, but lack the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed - are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $9.95 a month. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. School Broadcast Program participants will also be selling Season and Annual Passes at a discounted rate. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
The MHSAA Network’s flagship program, This Week In High School Sports, is carried on 108 over-the-air radio stations and internet audio websites as part of their weekly high school sports programming.
The five-minute program, powered by Michigan Student Aid, is in its fourth season. The show leads off each week with feature stories from around the state from the MHSAA’s Second Half, or from network affiliated stories and interviews. This Week Game Balls are then presented for team or individual achievements in the past week. Be The Referee, a 60-second look at the fine art of officiating, comes in the middle of the show; and is followed by a closing MHSAA Perspective.
This week’s show features the Traverse Bay Reps ice hockey team; has a You Make The Call in the Be The Referee segment; and finishes with an MHSAA Perspective on the only two teams which have played for an MHSAA Basketball title in three consecutive years.
This Week In High School Sports is posted to the home page of the MHSAA Website by Noon on Tuesday each week; and is also available on the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s show and check out the complete list of stations carrying the program by Clicking Here.
Be The Referee is also available each week as a separate podcast. These 60-second messages, featuring MHSAA Assistant Director Brent Rice and veteran MHSAA official Sam Davis, take a look at rules in different sports, challenge your rules knowledge with some You Make The Call questions, and pass on other information about the world of officiating.
Be The Referee is posted online by Noon Tuesday each week, and can be found on the home pages of the MHSAA Website and the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s message by Clicking Here.