Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Nov. 20 – High school sports fans can enjoy a huge weekend of live streaming audio and video of championship action this weekend on MHSAA.TV , FoxSportsDetroit.com and MHSAANetwork.com websites and FOX Sports GO!
The weekend centers on MHSAA.TV wrapping up its Fall coverage this weekend with live video streaming of all of the Semifinals and Finals in Girls Volleyball; the Final Round of L.P. Girls Swimming & Diving; and 13 Semifinal games in the MHSAA Football Playoffs. All events will be shown live on a subscription basis.
The Eight-Player Football Finals on Saturday (Nov. 17) between Suttons Bat and Colon at 11 a.m. in Division 1, and Pickford and Portland St. Patrick at 2 p.m., in Division 2, in Marquette’s Superior Dome will be streamed live on the Prep Zone on the FoxSportsDetroit.com website and FOX Sports GO! The games will also be showns on FOX Sports Detroit on Tuesday (Nov. 26), with Division 1 at 8 p.m., followed by Division 2 at 11 p.m. It's also the last week of the PrepZone on FoxSportsDetroit.com, with three Eleven-Player Football Semifinal games being streamed live.
The MHSAANetwork.com website will carry live audio of all Volleyball Semifinal and Final matches Thursday through Saturday (Nov. 21-23), as well as the Eight-Player Football Finals.
Here is this week's video streaming schedule (all events live online):
Thursday - Girls Volleyball Semifinals - MHSAA.TV & MHSAANetwork.com
- Mendon v. Southfield Christian, Division 4 – Noon
- Rudyard v. Leland, Division 4 – 2 p.m.
- Lake Orion v. Lowell, Division 1 – 4:30 p.m.
- Ann Arbor Skyline v. Farmington Hills Mercy, Division 1 – 6:30 p.m.
Friday - Girls Volleyball Semifinals - MHSAA.TV & MHSAANetwork.com
- Saginaw Valley Lutheran v. Schoolcraft, Division 3 – Noon
- Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central v. Beaverton, Division 3 – 2 p.m.
- Pontiac Notre Dame Prep v. Lake Odessa Lakewood, Division 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Kingsley v. Grand Rapids Christian, Division 2 – 6:30 p.m.
Friday - Eleven-Player Football Semifinals – MHSAA.TV – 7 p.m.
- Iron Mountain v. Pewamo-Westphalia, Division 7
Saturday - Eight-Player Football Finals – FOXSportsDetroit.com , FOX Sports GO! & MHSAANetwork.com
- Suttons Bay v. Colon, Division 1, 11 a.m.
- Pickford v. Portland St. Patrick, Division 2, 2 p.m. (Aprox.)
Delayed cable broadcast on FOX Sports Detroit, Tuesday, Division 1 - 8 p.m.; Division 2 – 11 p.m. Archived at MHSAA.TV.
Saturday - Girls Volleyball Finals - MHSAA.TV & MHSAANetwork.com
- Class D Final, 10 a.m.
- Class C Final, Noon
- Class A Final, 2 p.m.
- Class B Final, 4 p.m.
Saturday - L.P. Girls Swimming & Diving Finals - MHSAA.TV
- Division 1 – Holland Aquatics Center - Noon
- Division 2 – Oakland University – 5 p.m.
- Division 3 – Oakland University – 10 a.m.
Saturday - Eleven-Player Football Semifinals – Prep Zone on FoxSportsDetroit.com – 1 p.m.
- Brighton v. Belleville, Division 1
- Muskegon Mona Shores v. Walled Lake Western, Division 2
- Muskegon v. Dewitt, Division 3
Saturday - Eleven-Player Football Semifinals on MHSAA.TV - All games 1 p.m. unless noted
- Davison v. Sterling Heights Stevenson, Division 1
- Detroit King v. Birmingham Seaholm, Division 2 – 3 p.m.
- Chelsea v. River Rouge, Division 3
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central v. Hudsonville Unity Christian, Division 4
- Flint Powers Catholic v. Detroit Country Day, Division 4
- Kingsley v. Lansing Catholic, Division 5
- Almont v. Detroit Denby, Division 5
- Maple City Glen Lake v. Montague, Division 6
- Onsted v. Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central, Division 6
- Jackson Lumen Christi v. Cass City, Division 7 – 11 a.m.
- Beal City v. Ubly, Division 8
- Fowler v. Reading, Division 8
A subscription to MHSAA.TV is $10.99, and allows 30 days of viewing live content on the NFHS Network.
Over 100 over-the-air radio stations and internet audio website are carrying the MHSAA Network’s flagship program, This Week In High School Sports, as part of their weekly high school sports programming for the third straight year.
The five-minute program, powered by Michigan Student Aid, is in its fifth year. It leads off each week with feature stories from around the state from the MHSAA’s Second Half, or from network affiliated stories and interviews. This Week Game Balls are then presented for team or individual achievements in the past week. Be The Referee, a 60-second look at the fine art of officiating, comes in the middle of the show; and is followed by a closing MHSAA Perspective.
This week’s show will feature Ida volleyball’s Taylor Wegener; present Game Balls to Dante Moore of Detroit King and Caleb Smith of Davison; discuss video review at the Football Finals Be The Referee; and close with an encore presentation of an MHSAA Perspective from 2010 – The Old Trainer’s Legacy.
A complete list of radio stations and web audio outlets carrying This Week In High School Sports can be found by Clicking Here.
This Week In High School Sports is posted to the home page of the MHSAA Website by Noon on Tuesday each week; and is also available on the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s show by Clicking Here.
Be The Referee is also available each week as a separate podcast. These 60-second messages, featuring MHSAA Assistant Director Brent Rice and veteran MHSAA official Sam Davis, take a look at rules in different sports, challenges your rules knowledge with some You Make The Call questions, and pass on other information about the world of officiating.
Be The Referee is posted online by Noon Tuesday each week, and can be found on the home pages of the MHSAA Website and the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s message by Clicking Here.