Contact: John Johnson
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Feb. 4 – The NFHS Network has completed arrangements with LiveBarn for the live streaming of the 20th Annual MIHL Prep Hockey Showcase Thursday through Saturday (Feb. 6-8) at Kennedy Recreation Center in Trenton.
All 42 of the games over the three-day events will be available on a subscription basis on MHSAA.tv and LiveBarn. To get directly to the games on MHSAA.tv – Click Here. Here’s the complete schedule:
Thursday - Feb. 6
- 5:20 p.m. Warren DeLaSalle vs. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett
- 5:40 p.m. Grosse Pointe North vs. Allen Park Cabrini
- 6 p.m. Lake Orion vs. Plymouth
- 7:20 p.m. Port Huron Northern vs. Rochester United
- 7:40 p.m. Ann Arbor Skyline vs. Novi
- 8 p.m. Riverview Gabriel Richard vs. Howell
Friday - Feb. 7
- 9:30 a.m. Grosse Pointe South vs. Salem
- 9:50 a.m. Grandville vs. Detroit County Day
- 10:10 a.m. Hancock vs. Utica Eisenhower
- 11:30 a.m. Orchard Lake St. Mary's vs. Traverse City Central
- 11:50 a.m. Brighton vs. Grand Rapids Catholic Central
- 12:10 p.m. Flint Powers vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central
- 1:30 p.m. Calumet vs. Livonia Stevenson
- 1:50 p.m. Plymouth vs. Byron Center
- 2:10 p.m. East Grand Rapids vs Ann Arbor Skyline
- 4 p.m. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs. Hartland
- 4:40 p.m. Allen Park Cabrini vs Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern-Eastern
- 4:20 p.m. Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice vs. Saginaw Heritage
- 6 p.m. Detroit Catholic Central vs. Green Bay Notre Dame Academy
- 6:20 p.m. Detroit U-D Jesuit vs. Midland Dow
- 6:40 p.m. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett vs. Big Rapids
- 8 p.m. Trenton vs. Cleveland St. Ignatius
- 8:20 p.m. Houghton vs. Riverview Gabriel Richard
- 8:40 p.m. Port Huron Northern vs. Grand Rapids Christian
Saturday - Feb. 8
- 8 a.m. Detroit Country Day vs. Midland Dow
- 8:20 a.m. Howell vs. Grand Rapids Catholic Central
- 8:40 a.m. Warren DeLaSalle vs. Hancock
- 10 a.m. Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice vs. Green Bay Notre Dame Academy
- 10:20 a.m. Grosse Pointe South vs. Grandville
- 10:40 a.m. Big Rapids vs East Grand Rapids
- Noon Trenton vs. Calumet
- 12:20 p.m. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs. Houghton
- 12:40 p.m. Traverse City Central vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern-Eastern
- 2:30 p.m. Livonia Stevenson vs. Saginaw Heritage
- 2:50 p.m. Orchard Lake St. Mary's vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central
- 3:10 p.m. Byron Center vs. Flint Powers
- 4:30 p.m. Detroit Catholic Central vs. Hartland
- 4:50 p.m. Cleveland St. Ignatius vs. Brighton
- 5:10 p.m. Grand Rapids Christian vs. Utica Eisenhower
- 6:30 p.m. Detroit U-D Jesuit vs. Salem
- 6:50 p.m. Novi vs. Lake Orion
- 7:10 p.m. Grosse Pointe North vs. Rochester United
The Showcase is part of a week of nearly 600 live events on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network. You can Click Here to look at the latest list of all upcoming varsity games.
Now in its 11th year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events; with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution - is used by schools wishing to live stream games, but lack the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $10.99 a month. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. School Broadcast Program participants benefit as a portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA Website.
Over 100 over-the-air radio stations and internet audio website are carrying the MHSAA Network’s flagship program, This Week In High School Sports, as part of their weekly high school sports programming for the third straight year.
The five-minute program, powered by Michigan Student Aid, is in its fifth year. It leads off each week with feature stories from around the state from the MHSAA’s Second Half, or from network affiliated stories and interviews. This Week Game Balls are then presented for team or individual achievements in the past week. Be The Referee, a 60-second look at the fine art of officiating, comes in the middle of the show; and is followed by a closing MHSAA Perspective.
This week’s show features swimmer Michael Wolsek of Trenton; presents Game Balls to Charlie Douglass of Traverse City Central and Alyssa Welsh of Perry; discusses Ice Hockey Rules Differences on Be The Referee; and closes with a review of last weekend’s Woman In Sports Leadership Conference.
A complete list of radio stations and web audio outlets carrying This Week In High School Sports can be found by Clicking Here.
This Week In High School Sports is posted to the home page of the MHSAA Website by Noon on Tuesday each week; and is also available on the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s show by Clicking Here.
Be The Referee is also available each week as a separate podcast. These 60-second messages, featuring MHSAA Assistant Director Brent Rice and veteran MHSAA official Sam Davis, take a look at rules in different sports, challenges your rules knowledge with some You Make The Call questions, and pass on other information about the world of officiating.
Be The Referee is posted online by Noon Tuesday each week, and can be found on the home pages of the MHSAA Website and the MHSAA Network Website. You can listen to this week’s message by Clicking Here.