posted on August 24, 2021 14:54
Contact: Jon Ross
517.332.5046 or email@example.com
EAST LANSING, Mich. – Aug. 24 – Michigan High School Athletic Association member schools will be featured on more than 300 live-streamed broadcasts during this first full week of the 2021-22 school sports year, headlined by 16 broadcasts of opening-weekend football games on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network and partner Bally Sports Detroit.
Bally Sports Detroit will be providing coverage of all six games of the Xenith Prep Kick Off Classic from Oct. 26-28 at Wayne State University’s Tom Adams Field, including both Aug. 26 games on live cable television. All six Xenith games also will be available on the Bally Sports Detroit website and Bally Sports app.
Meanwhile, MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network will have live coverage of all six games from the Battle at the Big House at University of Michigan and all four games from the Vehicle City Gridiron Classic at Kettering University’s Atwood Stadium.
Here’s the schedule, with links to watch those games online:
Thursday, Aug. 26
- Battle at the Big House: Lapeer vs. Grand Rapids Catholic Central – 12 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Battle at the Big House: Midland vs. Traverse City West – 3 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Xenith Prep Kick Off Classic: Dearborn Fordson vs. Canton – 4 p.m. – Bally Sports Detroit (also LIVE TV)
- Vehicle City Gridiron Classic: Frankenmuth vs. Goodrich – 4 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Battle at the Big House: DeWitt vs. Traverse City Central – 7 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Xenith Prep Kick Off Classic: Detroit Catholic Central vs. Clinton Township Chippewa Valley – 7 p.m. – Bally Sports Detroit (also LIVE TV)
- Vehicle City Gridiron Classic: Flushing vs. Flint Powers Catholic – 7:30 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
Friday, Aug. 27
- Battle at the Big House: Midland Dow vs. Fenton – 12 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Battle at the Big House: Saline vs. Hudsonville – 3:30 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Vehicle City Gridiron Classic: East Lansing vs. Grand Blanc – 4 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Xenith Prep Kick Off Classic: Dexter vs. Birmingham Groves – 4 p.m. – MHSAA.tv (also available on BallySports.com/Detroit)
- Battle at the Big House: Clarkston vs. Davison – 7 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
- Xenith Prep Kick Off Classic: Chicago St. Patrick (Ill.) vs. Warren De La Salle Collegiate – 7 p.m. – MHSAA.tv (also available on BallySports.com/Detroit)
- Vehicle City Gridiron Classic: Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs. Linden – 7:30 p.m. – MHSAA.tv
Saturday, Aug. 28
Total, more than 150 varsity football games, more than 100 varsity volleyball matches and nearly 90 varsity boys soccer contests will be available this week on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network, with production by participants in the School Broadcast Program. More than 400 MHSAA member schools are participants in the School Broadcast Program, now in its 13th year, producing games using traditional hands-on student crews or via Pixellot cameras installed at stadiums and gymnasiums across the state. Click for a complete list of upcoming events.
Other intriguing football matchups appearing on the Network include (all 7 p.m. starts):
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $10.99 a month. Subscribers have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. School Broadcast Program participants benefit as a portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA Website.
Radio listeners this week across the state will hear the return of “This Week in High School Sports” – a five-minute weekly program shining a statewide spotlight on Michigan school sports stories. “This Week in High School Sports” begins at the start of Fall and continues through the conclusion of the Winter basketball seasons, and is a frequent part of local broadcasts all over the state.
This week’s edition details the football “enhanced strength-of-schedule” format that will be fully implemented for playoff selection and seeding this season. Game Balls are awarded weekly to high achievers from across the state, and “Be the Referee” takes a look at rules in different sports, challenges rules knowledge with “You Make The Call” questions and passes on other information about the world of officiating.
“This Week in High School Sports” is available for download from its page on the MHSAA Website.