MHSAA Reciprocal Official Program
The following policy has been adopted by the association offices from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Officials from any one of these five states mentioned, who desire to affiliate with one of the other state association offices, should contact the state association office in the state in which the officials would like to officiate in.
- In order to affiliate with any state, the official must first hold a current registration in their home state and include a copy of their current year ID card from their home state when registering with the MHSAA.
- Each association will send whatever material it feels important for the affiliated official to have (no rules books are mailed to reciprocal officials).
- The MHSAA will charge a set fee of $10 as the registration fee of any reciprocal officials and will include all sports for which he/she is registered in their home state.
- All new reciprocity officials, or those not registered the previous season will have to complete the MHSAA Officials Guidebook Exam, which will be available online upon receiving the application.
- Reciprocal officials who wish to add sports by amending their existing application after it has been submitted may do so by submitting the reciprocal fee with an amended registration application and updated ID card from your home state.
Any official who officiates a contest in a state in which the official is not regularly registered or registered as a reciprocal official will run the risk of suspension or lesser penalty, whichever the home state determines.
Please print and mail in with completed registration requirements. Failure to submit all requirements necessary to register will cause the registration form to be sent back to you.
The following are the addresses of the cooperating offices. You can contact them directly if you desire to be an affiliated official:
Indiana High School Athletic Association
Minnesota State High School League
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association
Please contact our office if you have any questions on the registration policy. MHSAA, 1661 Ramblewood Dr, East Lansing, MI 48823, 517-332-5046