Matt Freeman is a big part of the Owosso football program -- he's 6-foot-2 and 270 pounds and made his all-league team last season -- and will continue to be a big part of the MHSAA's Student Advisory Council as a senior next fall. He's one of eight juniors on the council; members are selected at the end of their sophomores years and serve two-year terms.
Matt Freeman, Owosso junior
- Sports: Football, basketball, golf
- Non-sports activities: Hunting, farming, drummer, theater
- Favorite class: Weight lifting
- Must-see TV: ESPN SportCenter
- One shining moment: Coming back from 15 down to beat Corunna in basketball this season.
- What’s next: Hopefully, college football. If not, then a small college, and coming home on weekends. Working with my hands – nothing behind a desk.
- My favorite part of game day is: ... at school, knowing most of the people you see never get the opportunity to be on a team, and knowing you are lucky to be on the team you are on.
PHOTO: Owosso's Matt Freeman (64) makes a tackle during last season's game against DeWitt. He plays on both the offensive and defensive lines.