By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of video streams produced by SBP members:
Wednesday, Dec. 7
- Boys Basketball – Clarkston at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Port Huron Northern at Detroit Catholic Central, 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 8
Friday, Dec. 9
- Ice Hockey - Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood at Grand Rapids South Christian, 4:15 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – East Jackson at East Lansing, 6 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Posen at Rogers City, 6 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Rochester Adams at Calumet, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – East Jackson at East Lansing, 7:45 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 10
- Ice Hockey – Utica at Calumet, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood v. Opponent TBA @ Grand Rapids, Time TBA
Monday, Dec. 12
- Boys Basketball – Oscoda at Rogers City, 6 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Ewen-Trout Creek at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 13
- Girls Basketball – Hopkins at Comstock Park, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Pontiac Notre Dame Prep at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Negaunee at Marquette, 7:10 p.m.
The NFHS Network has announced new pricing for 2016-17, eliminating the Day Pass and lowering the cost of a Month Pass to $9.95. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. Some schools also will be selling Annual Passes at a discounted rate. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Fans can also access scores of games in-progress on the NFHS Network website via ScoreStream. Click on the Scores button in the upper right corner.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for another year with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package consists of clips from Girls Basketball games Romeo at Lake Orion and Middleville Thornapple Kellogg at Hamilton, and the first of a two-game set in ice hockey, Calumet at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood. See below.
The archives of two games from the MHSAA Football Playoffs – powered by the Michigan Army National Guard – are now available on MHSAA.tv for on demand viewing. The 8-Player Final pitting Powers North Central against Deckerville and the Division 8 Final in the 11-Player Football Playoffs between Ottawa Lake Whiteford and Muskegon Catholic Central are now available.