By John Johnson
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
MHSAA.tv will broadcast live streaming video of all 16 games of the Quarterfinal round of the MHSAA Boys Basketball Tournament on Tuesday (March 20).
Most of the games will be streamed by schools participating in the School Broadcast Program, and will consist of single-camera coverage with natural sound and a scorebug graphic.
Here’s the complete schedule. All games start at 7 p.m. (EDT) unless otherwise indicated:
- Warren DeLaSalle v. Detroit U-D Jesuit – 5 p.m.
- Flint Carman-Ainsworth v. Clarkston
- East Lansing v. Holland West Ottawa
- Belleville v. Novi
- Benton Harbor v. Williamston
- Dearborn Divine Child v. River Rouge
- New Haven v. Bridgeport
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central v. Boyne City
- Detroit Edison v. Unionville-Sebewaing
- Grand Rapids Covenant Christian v. Sanford Meridian
- Kalamazoo Christian v. Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central
- Maple City Glen Lake v. Iron Mountain – 6 p.m.
- Cedarville v. Dollar Bay
- Southfield Christian v. Flint International Academy
- Marcellus Howardsville Christian v. Hillsdale Academy
- Buckley v. Hillman
The continued basketball coverage is part of six straight weekends of live MHSAA Championship coverage on MHSAA.tv, and online viewers can catch all of this week’s action for one low cost of $9.95.
In its ninth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution – is used by schools wishing to live stream games, but lacking the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.