By John Johnson
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
MHSAA.tv will broadcast live streaming video of all 16 games of the Quarterfinal round of the MHSAA Boys Basketball Tournament on Tuesday (March 20).
Most of the games will be streamed by schools participating in the School Broadcast Program, and will consist of single-camera coverage with natural sound and a scorebug graphic.
Here’s the complete schedule. All games start at 7 p.m. (EDT) unless otherwise indicated:
- Warren DeLaSalle v. Detroit U-D Jesuit – 5 p.m.
- Flint Carman-Ainsworth v. Clarkston
- East Lansing v. Holland West Ottawa
- Belleville v. Novi
- Benton Harbor v. Williamston
- Dearborn Divine Child v. River Rouge
- New Haven v. Bridgeport
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central v. Boyne City
- Detroit Edison v. Unionville-Sebewaing
- Grand Rapids Covenant Christian v. Sanford Meridian
- Kalamazoo Christian v. Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central
- Maple City Glen Lake v. Iron Mountain – 6 p.m.
- Cedarville v. Dollar Bay
- Southfield Christian v. Flint International Academy
- Marcellus Howardsville Christian v. Hillsdale Academy
- Buckley v. Hillman
The continued basketball coverage is part of six straight weekends of live MHSAA Championship coverage on MHSAA.tv, and online viewers can catch all of this week’s action for one low cost of $9.95.
In its ninth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution – is used by schools wishing to live stream games, but lacking the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
1. GIRLS BASKETBALL Wayne Memorial held off Belleville 75-57 to hold on to first place alone in the Kensington Lakes Activities Association East – Detroit News
2. BOYS BASKETBALL Cadillac handed Ludington its first loss this season, 66-35 – Cadillac News
3. GIRLS BASKETBALL Harbor Springs bounced back with a 70-47 win over St. Ignace – Petoskey News-Review
4. SKIING Traverse City Central’s girls and West’s boys won the latest Big North Conference meets – Traverse City Record-Eagle
5. BOYS BASKETBALL Napoleon edged Hanover-Horton 61-58 to remain undefeated – Jackson Citizen Patriot
6. GIRLS BASKETBALL Hillman earned a key North Star League Little Dipper win over Posen – Alpena News
7. GIRLS BASKETBALL Rochester avenged an earlier loss with a 27-point win over Clarkston – Oakland Press
8. GIRLS BASKETBALL Durand ran its winning streak to seven with a 37-32 victory over Webberville – Owosso Argus-Press
9. GIRLS BASKETBALL Macomb Lutheran North held off a late charge by Riverview Gabriel Richard for a 47-40 win – Southgate News-Herald
10. BOYS SWIMMING & DIVING Holland downed Muskegon Mona Shores/Greater Muskegon 107-65 – Local Spots Journal
Also of note …
TENNIS Dave Sukup is retiring after nearly 50 years coaching tennis at Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern – FOX 17