Quick Reference Calendars
2022-23 National Testing Dates
Please advise students of the 2022-23 test date schedule. Your students should be aware of athletic tournament dates and should attempt to schedule their respective test date away from tournament dates of the sport or sports in which they are interested and participate. Following are test dates for 2022-23 (publicized as of June 18, 2022) and dates where tournaments would create conflict.
SAT TESTING DATES -- CONFLICTS
- August 27, 2022 - None
- October 1, 2022 - UP Girls Tennis
- November 5, 2022 - LP Cross Country Finals, LP Boys Soccer Finals, 11-Player Football Districts, 8-Player Football Regionals
- December 3, 2022 - None
- March 11, 2023 - Girls Gymnastics Finals, Ice Hockey Finals, LP Boys Swimming & Diving Finals
- May 6, 2023 - None
- June 3, 2023 - Baseball Districts, Softball Districts, LP Boys Golf Regionals, UP Boys Tennis Finals, Boys Lacrosse Regionals, Girls Lacrosse Regionals, LP Girls Soccer Districts, LP Girls Tennis Finals, LP and UP Track & Field Finals, UP Boys Tennis Finals, UP Boys & Girls Golf Finals
ACT ASSESSMENT DATES -- CONFLICTS
- September 10, 2022 - None
- October 22, 2022 - LP Boys Soccer Districts, UP Cross Country Finals
- December 10, 2022 - None
- February 11, 2023 - None
- April 1, 2023 - None
- June 10, 2023 - LP Boys Golf Finals, Boys and Girls Lacrosse Finals, Baseball Regionals; Softball Regionals, LP Girls Soccer Regionals
- July 15, 2023 - None
- October 12 (During school) - Girls Golf Regionals
- October 15 - Girls Golf Finals
- October 25 (Make up, during school) - None
AP EXAM DATES -- CONFLICTS
- May 1-5, 8-12, 2023 - None
(Advanced Placement Exams are administered over a five-day period for each subject)
2022-23 MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION EXAM DATES
The Michigan Department of Education instituted a spring online testing period that involves a window of approximately four or seven weeks. At the time of the MHSAA Handbook printing, the 2022-23 window was published as Monday-Friday, April 10-May 5, 2023. The window does not appear to conflict with MHSAA spring tournaments and has apparently increased flexibility as the online tests may be administered on any instructional day and not all students. It also appears that makeup test dates are established within the window.
International Baccalaureate Testing involves daytime testing windows that occur during school days and may extend into evening hours. There are two IB Testing windows that may conflict with many MHSAA tournament events: Oct. 24-Nov. 11, 2022, and April 27-May 19, 2023. Fall IB testing may conflict with daytime events such as LP XC Regionals and LP Girls Swimming & Diving Regionals. Spring IB testing may conflict with LP Track & Field Regionals and LP Girls Tennis Regionals.
Tournament Managers Materials
If your school is hosting any level of MHSAA postseason tournaments, please find pertinent materials and forms on the specific sport pages of the website by clicking on "Sports" in the upper left corner of the page. Each sport page has a tab for Tournament Managers and Participating Schools included in that page's navigation.
Efficiency is Effective
The MHSAA is always willing to assist with issues concerning Association regulations. Please remember, however, the most efficient method of communication with the MHSAA on eligibility questions is through the athletic director or principal. Athletic directors should gather all information necessary on a question and then call or write the MHSAA. Coaches or parents calling the MHSAA on eligibility matters can create confusion and delay. ADs or principals are encouraged to contact the MHSAA office directly. Please follow this efficient path of communication.