MHSAA Interpretations, Guidelines, and Authoritative Rulings
- MHSAA Preseason Points of Emphasis
- Rules Changes & Interpretations
- Rules Clarifications
- MHSAA Bat Rules for High School and Middle School/Junior High Games
- Baseball and Chest Protector Safety Standards
- Baseball Pitch Count Tracking and Recording
- Player-DH Case Plays
- Regulation-Suspended Game Case Plays
- Definition of a Legal Slide
- Inclement Weather Guidelines
- Officials Incident Report (ejections, forfeits and notable injuries)
- School Sportsmanship Feedback (Officials Event Report)
Important Forms, Documents and Links
- Social Media Guidelines for MHSAA Officials
- Registered Assigner Directory
- Local Approved Association Directory
- Officials Directory
- Officials Incident Report Writing Guide
- Ratings Reminder for Schools
General Requirements (all levels): To be eligible for tournament consideration, an official must have completed or attended the current year rules meeting and officiated a minimum of 12 contests during the current season.
Regional or Semifinal/Final Level(s): An official must submit a season schedule to the MHSAA for review, have compiled at least 16 ratings over the previous three years, have (at minimum) a 3.0 three-year average rating, be listed as a Member in Good Standing with a Local Approved Association in the sport and complete and pass the current year rules exam (≥80%).
Postseason Limitations: An official that works a Semifinal/Final is ineligible for another Semifinal/Final consideration for the next three seasons.
- Availability and Conflicts
- 2024 Umpires Exam for Postseason Consideration
- Member in Good Standing Status (MIGS)
- Schedule for Postseason Tournament Consideration | Postseason Checklist
Tutorial for Submitting Season Schedules
Camps and Clinics / Game Cards
- Baseball Umpires Rating Card
Cards will be filled in duplicate (one for home and one for visitor). For DHs, two sets of cards should be printed. For tournaments where the teams are not known, umpires should print a number of blank cards to be completed prior to the start of each game.