By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Baseball and Softball Semifinal coverage begins Thursday (June 15) and runs through Saturday’s (June 17) Finals from Old College Field at Michigan State University. On Friday (June 16) and Saturday, you also can catch the action of the Lower Peninsula Girls Soccer Finals from Williamston High School.
On Tuesday (June 13), the final event of the year for the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program will be originated by Cedar Springs High School, which is hosting a Semifinal game in girls soccer.
Here’s the complete schedule of games on MHSAA.tv and the MHSAA Network this week: (All game links are to MHSAA.tv)
Tuesday (June 13) Girls Soccer Semifinal – Division 3
Thursday Baseball Semifinals (Quarterfinals Tuesday)
- 9 a.m. – Division 1 – Northville v. Grand Haven
- 11:30 a.m. – Division 1 – Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett v. Saline
- 2:30 p.m. – Division 2 – Stevensville Lakeshore v. Chelsea
- 5 p.m. – Division 2 – Dearborn Divine Child v. Bay City John Glenn
Thursday Softball Semifinals (Quarterfinals Tuesday)
- 10 a.m. – Division 2 – Richmond v. Escanaba
- 12:30 p.m. – Division 2 – Stevensville Lakeshore v. Ida
- 3 p.m. – Division 1 – Clarkston v. Grandville
- 5:30 p.m. – Division 1 – Macomb Dakota v. Mattawan
Friday (June 16) Baseball Semifinals (Quarterfinals Tuesday)
- 9 a.m. – Division 3 – Madison Heights Bishop Foley v. Caro
- 11:30 a.m. – Division 3 - Traverse City St. Francis v. Schoolcraft
- 2:30 p.m. – Division 4 – Unionville-Sebewaing v. Portland St. Patrick
- 5 p.m. – Division 4 – Hudson v. Gaylord St. Mary
Friday Softball Semifinals (Quarterfinals Tuesday)
- 10 a.m. – Division 4 – Kalamazoo Christian v. Indian River Inland Lakes
- 12:30 p.m. – Division 4 – Ottawa Lake-Whiteford v. Coleman
- 3 p.m. – Division 3 – Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central v. Shepherd
- 5:30 p.m. – Division 3 – Gladstone v. Napoleon
Friday L.P. Girls Soccer Finals (Semifinals – Tuesday)
- 1 p.m. – Division 3 – Freeland v. Flint Powers Catholic
- 4 p.m. – Division 2 – Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern v. Bloomfield Hills Marian
Saturday (June 17) Baseball Finals
Saturday Softball Finals
Saturday L.P. Girls Soccer Finals (Semifinals Wednesday - June 14)
- 1 p.m. – Division 4 – Muskegon Catholic Central/Kalamazoo Christian winner v. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett winner
- 4 p.m. – Division 1 - Grand Blanc/Utica Ford winner v. Saline/Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central winner
A $9.95 subscription allows viewing of live content on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network for 30 days. All events will be archived for free on-demand viewing, beginning three days after their completion. Subscriptions must be cancelled before the 30-day period is over to avoid recurring charges.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.