Back To The Mat On MHSAA TV
February 28, 2017
By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Whether it’s a takedown or a pyramid, you can watch more than 300 hours of live streaming video on MHSAA.tv this week with Finals in Girls Competitive Cheer and Individual Wrestling taking place, plus the usual serving of games from School Broadcast Program members.
Live Finals streaming this week begins at 2 p.m. Thursday from The Palace of Auburn Hills at the Individual Wrestling Finals. A dedicated camera will be on each of 12 mats on the floor, and include full graphics to indicate the participants in each match, plus full in-progress scoring information via Trackwrestling.
Here’s the complete wrestling coverage schedule:
- Thursday – First Round – 2 p.m.
- Friday (March 3) – Rounds 2-3-4 – 8:30 a.m. - Round 2 at 8:30 a.m. is the first Consolation round. Round 3 at about 10:30 a.m. is the second round in the Championship bracket. Round 4 at about 1:30 p.m. is the second round in the Consolation bracket.
- Friday – Semifinal Round – 7 p.m.
- Saturday (March 4) – Rounds 6-7-8 – 8:30 a.m. - Round 6 at 8:30 a.m. is the third Consolation round. Round 7 at about 9:45 a.m. is the fourth Consolation Round. Round 8 at about 11 a.m. is the final round in the Consolation bracket.
- Saturday – Final Round & Awards Presentations – 4:45 p.m.
Girls Competitive Cheer coverage begins Friday from The DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids. Here’s the complete schedule:
- Friday – Division 1 – 6 p.m. (Brighton, Grandville, Hudsonville, Lake Orion, Rochester, Rochester Adams, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Sterling Heights Stevenson)
- Saturday – Division 2 – 10 a.m. (Allen Park, Charlotte, Dearborn Divine Child, Flint Kearsley, Gibraltar Carlson, Grand Rapids Kenowa Hills, Muskegon Mona Shores, Muskegon Reeths-Puffer)
- Saturday - Division 4 – 2 p.m. (Adrian Madison, Breckenridge, Farwell, Houghton Lake, Hudson, Michigan Center, Pewamo-Westphalia, Shelby)
- Saturday - Division 3 – 6 p.m. (Comstock Park, Flat Rock, Howard City Tri-County, Lake Odessa Lakewood, Monroe Jefferson, Paw Paw, Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Richmond)
The continued Wrestling and full Cheer coverage is part of six straight weekends of live MHSAA Championship coverage on MHSAA.tv, and online viewers can catch every weekend of action for one low cost of $9.95. Over the next three weekends of live winter championship coverage, the following events will be featured:
- March 9-11 – Ice Hockey Semifinals-Finals
- March 11 – Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Finals
- March 14 – Girls Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 16-17 – Girls Basketball Semifinals
- March 21 – Boys Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 23-24 – Boys Basketball Semifinals
All events become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
In addition to all of the tournament action, regular-season coverage of contests by participants in the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program will bring more than 30 contests into homes over the coming week.
Included in the coverage: A piece of the Mid-Peninsula Athletic Conference title is on the line Tuesday when Iron Mountain visits Negaunee in boys basketball. Both teams are tied with Norway at 9-2 in league play entering this week’s action. Calumet could lock up a boys basketball title in the West-PAC this week, hosting Houghton and Hancock.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of live video streams being produced by SBP members (All times Eastern Standard):
Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Freshman Boys Basketball – Wyoming Kelloggsville at Comstock Park, 4 p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball – Wyoming Kelloggsville at Comstock Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Big Rapids at Cedar Springs, 6 p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball – Pickford at Rogers City, 6 p.m.
- Regional Ice Hockey – Utica Eisenhower vs. Lake Orion, 6 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Pickford at Rogers City, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Wyoming Kelloggsville at Comstock Park, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Essexville Garber at Mt. Pleasant, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Houghton at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Iron Mountain at Negaunee, 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 1
- Girls District Basketball – Clarkston vs. Oxford @ Lake Orion, 5:30 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Imlay City vs. Croswell-Lexington @ Otisville-LakeVille, 5:50 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Grand Ledge at East Lansing, 6 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Munising vs. Ishpeming @ Negaunee, 6 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Waterford Kettering vs. Waterford Mott @ Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – North Branch at Otisville-LakeVille, 7:20 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Gwinn at Negaunee, 7:30 p.m.
- Regional Ice Hockey – Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs. Troy, 7:45 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Lansing Everett vs. DeWitt @ East Lansing, 8 p.m.
Thursday, March 2
- Freshman Boys Basketball – Bridgeport at Otisville-LakeVille, 3:55 p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball – Bridgeport at Otisville-LakeVille, 5:15 p.m.
- Boys Basketball - Bridgeport at Otisville-LakeVille, 6:45 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Cadillac at Mt. Pleasant, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Gaylord at Alpena, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Rochester at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Sparta at Cedar Springs, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Hancock at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
Friday, March 3
- Boys Basketball – Genesee at Montrose, 7 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Final @ Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Final @ East Lansing, 7 p.m.
- Girls District Basketball – Final at Otisville-LakeVille, 7:30 p.m.
Monday, March 6
- Boys District Basketball – Oxford vs. Pontiac @ Lake Orion, 5:30 p.m.
- Boys District Basketball – Marquette at Alpena, 6 p.m.
- Boys District Basketball – Clarkston vs. Waterford Mott @ Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Fans also can access scores of games in-progress on the NFHS Network website via ScoreStream. Click on the Scores button in the upper right corner.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for another year with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package includes action from the Team Wrestling Finals and a girls basketball game between Menominee and Marquette.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
State Champs! Michigan: Hangtime 3-17-23
March 17, 2023
Join Lorne Plant, TJ Kelley and Scott Burnstein for the eleventh episode this season of STATE CHAMPS! Hangtime.