MHSAA TV Celebrates 10th Anniversary
August 29, 2018
By John Johnson
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
It was 10 years ago today that the MHSAA began its current television network efforts by broadcasting a season-opening football game pitting local rivals in small-town setting.
Sand Creek High School was hosting Blissfield in what had become a traditional season-opening game at the time, the two schools less than 15 miles apart. The Aggies were celebrating a community effort by debuting new grandstands on the home side of the field salvaged from nearby Michigan International Speedway. Townsfolk gathered across the street in the high school for a fund-raising taco dinner, and the MHSAA Network was there.
In the 10 years since that kickoff game, won by Blissfield 14-6, the MHSAA’s video production efforts have gone from games on cable television to an exclusively online effort powered by the NFHS Network – which produces more than 135 events and 400 hours of MHSAA Championships – and feature a growing School Broadcast Program, which will produce upwards of 2,000 hours of regular-season games at more 80 participating schools in 2018-19.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of video streams being produced by SBP members and the NFHS Network:
Wednesday, Aug. 29
- Freshman Boys Soccer - Dearborn at Saline - 4 p.m.
- Freshman Football - Brighton at Novi - 4:30 p.m.
- Freshman Football - Saginaw Swan Valley at Frankenmuth - 4:30 p.m.
- Freshman Football - Saginaw Heritage at Grand Blanc - 4:30 p.m.
- Freshman Girls Volleyball – West Iron County at Calumet – 4:30 p.m.
- Junior Varsity Girls Volleyball – West Iron County at Calumet – 5:30 p.m.
- Junior Varsity Football - Saginaw Swan Valley at Frankenmuth - 6 p.m.
- Junior Varsity Football - Brighton at Novi - 6:30 p.m.
- Junior Varsity Football - Saginaw Heritage at Grand Blanc - 6:30 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball – West Iron County at Calumet – 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 30
- Field Hockey - Wixom St. Catherine at Novi - 4:30 p.m.
- Football - Windsor Holy Name at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook - 5 p.m.
- Junior Varsity Field Hockey - Wixom St. Catherine at Novi - 6 p.m.
- Football - Ovid-Elsie at Montrose - 7 p.m.
- Football - Novi at Brighton - 7 p.m.
- Football - Oxford at Lake Orion - 7 p.m.
- Football - Carrollton at Freeland - 7 p.m.
- Football – Negaunee at Calumet – 7 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 31
- Football - Grandville at Warren DeLaSalle - 7 p.m.
- Football - Munising at Norway - 7 p.m.
- Football - Grand Rapids Catholic Central at Saline - 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- Junior Varsity Boys Soccer - Ann Arbor Skyline at Saline - 5:30 p.m.
- Girls Volleyball - Iron Mountain at Norway - 6 p.m.
- Boys Soccer - Ann Arbor Skyline at Saline - 7 p.m.
All sporting events – live or delayed - are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $9.95 a month. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on- demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. School Broadcast Program participants also will be selling Season and Annual Passes at a discounted rate. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Highlights of games broadcast by MHSAA School Broadcast Program members and the NFHS Network make their 2018-19 debut this week. Featured games are in football with Trenton’s 27-21 win over Allen Park; Zeeland East topping East Grand Rapids, 36-27; and Flint Beecher defeating Flint Southwestern, 24-0.
Highlights can be found each week on the MHSAA.tv website, the home page of the MHSAA Website, and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube.
State Champs! Michigan: Hangtime 3-22-23
March 23, 2023
Join Lorne Plant, TJ Kelley and Scott Burnstein for the final episode this season of STATE CHAMPS! Hangtime.
0:00 – Open
0:47 – Port Huron Northern’s Tyler Jamison is Mr. Basketball
7:20 – Games on the SC! Network Recap
8:36 – Ferndale
8:59- Grand Rapids South Christian
9:52 – Orchard Lake St. Mary’s
14:46 - BCAM Chalk Talk with Cardinal Mooney Head Coach Mike McAndrews
19:34 – Division 4 Semifinal preview
20:59 – Division 3 Semifinal preview
24:10 - Division 2 Semifinal preview
26:55 - Division 1 Semifinal preview
30:02 – Final Predictions
31:19 - Close