By John Johnson
MHSAA communications director
A trio of MHSAA members involved in its School Broadcast Program has been named recipients of grants from the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association to purchase equipment for their broadcasting programs.
Lake Orion ($1,921), Negaunee ($1,471) and Rogers City ($1,471) high schools were three of six schools to receive grants from the DSBA, with those grants to be used to purchase audio and video equipment. Check presentations to each school will take place at a future date.
In its seventh year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
It’s the third weekend of Playoffs on the PrepZone on FoxSportsDetroit.com, where the following games will be featured on Friday (Nov. 13) at 7 p.m.
- Remus Chippewa Hills at Ada Forest Hills Northern
- Rockford at Grand Ledge
- Jackson Lumen Christi at Clinton
- Detroit Cass Tech at Macomb Dakota
Saturday (Nov. 14) Playoff games live on MHSAA.tv are covered by members participating in the School Broadcast Program. This week’s games are:
- East Grand Rapids at Mt. Pleasant – 1 p.m.
- Constantine v. Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian at Comstock Park High School – 1 p.m.
Fans can watch PrepZone games on their computer or handheld devices by following these instructions:
On Your Desktop/Laptop Computer
- Go to FOXSportsGo.com
- Click on the “All Chs” menu at the bottom left of the page
- Select “FOX Sports Go Extras”
On Your Handheld Device
- Download the free FOX Sports Go app from your store
- Click on the “All Channels” menu at the top of the app
- Select “FOX Sports Go Extras”
All PrepZone games will be archived on MHSAA.tv.
A Day Pass to watch live on MHSAA.TV is $9.95. A Month Pass is $14.95, and would also allow access to the full schedule of MHSAA Tournaments during the month of November:
- Nov. 19-20 – Girls Volleyball Semifinals & Finals
- Nov. 21 – Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals
- Nov. 21 – Football Playoff Semifinals (12 games)
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Launching at Midnight every Friday throughout the season is MHSAA Football Friday Overtime on FOX Sports Detroit. Mickey York and Rob Rubick host the weekly 30-minute highlights show. The show will re-air most Saturday and Sunday mornings – and will be archived on the FOX Detroit Website. This week, FFOT will re-air at 8:30 and 11 a.m. Saturday.
The following games are scheduled to be highlighted this week on Football Friday Overtime:
- Algonac at River Rouge
- Chelsea at Allen Park
- Buchanan at Ida
- Canton at Saline
- PLUS – Highlights from this week’s PrepZone games.
Join Robby Elliott as State Champs! takes a look at all of the action from the 2023 Boys Soccer Finals.