By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
The action moves from the mats to the ice and pools this week on MHSAA.tv with live video streams of the MHSAA Ice Hockey and Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Championships.
The streaming this week begins at 5 p.m. Thursday (March 9) with the first of two Division 2 Semifinal games in the Ice Hockey Tournament. Division 3 and 1 Semifinals follow on Friday (March 10), with the Finals on Saturday (March 11).
Here’s the complete Ice Hockey coverage schedule:
- Thursday – Division 2 Semifinals
Saline vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern/Eastern – 5 p.m.
Birmingham Brother Rice vs. Hartland – 7:30 p.m.
- Friday – Division 3 Semifinals
Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central/Flint Powers Catholic Quarterfinal winner vs. Calumet/Big Rapids winner – 11 a.m.
Detroit Country Day/Warren DeLaSalle Quarterfinal winner vs. Dearborn Divine Child/Chelsea winner – 1:30 p.m.
Friday – Division 1 Semifinals
Macomb Dakota/Northville Quarterfinal winner vs. Lowell/Brighton winner – 5 p.m.
Rockford/Grandville Quarterfinal winner vs. Bay City Central/Detroit Catholic Central winner – 7:30 p.m.
Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving coverage begins at noon Saturday at three locations, with the consolation and championship heat in each swimming event, plus the final round of the diving.
The continued Ice Hockey and Swimming coverage is part of six straight weekends of live MHSAA Championship coverage on MHSAA.tv, and online viewers can catch every weekend of action for one low cost of $9.95. Over the next two weeks of live winter championship coverage, the following events will be featured:
- Girls Basketball Quarterfinals – March 14 – ALL 16 GAMES
- Girls Basketball Semifinals – March 16-17
- Boys Basketball Quarterfinals – March 21 – ALL 16 GAMES
- Boys Basketball Semifinals – March 23-24
All events become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
The MHSAA Championship Radio Network begins three straight weekends of winter tournament coverage this weekend at the Ice Hockey Semifinals and Finals. The audio stream is available at MHSAANetwork.com. Over the following two weekends, the MHSAA Championship Radio Network also will carry the Semifinals and Finals of the Girls and Boys Basketball Tournaments for distribution on an over-the-air network of radio stations, and on the internet.
In addition to all of the MHSAA Network coverage of tournament action, participants in the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program will bring a dozen playoff contests into homes over the coming week.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of live video streams available and produced by SBP members (All times Eastern Standard):
Tuesday, March 7
- Girls Basketball Regional – St. Ignace vs. West Iron County @ Marquette, 6 p.m.
- Girls Basketball Regional – Marquette at Midland Dow, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball Regional – Negaunee at Calumet, 8 p.m.
Wednesday, March 8
- Boys Basketball District – Pontiac vs. Waterford Kettering @ Lake Orion, 5:30 p.m.
- Boys Basketball District – Grand Rapids Wellspring Prep at Comstock Park, 6 p.m.
- Boys Basketball District – Marquette at Traverse City Central, 6 p.m.
- Ice Hockey Quarterfinal – Bay City vs. Detroit Catholic Central, 6:40 p.m.
- Boys Basketball District – Clarkston at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball District – Grand Rapids Catholic Central vs. Ada Forest Hills Eastern, 8 p.m.
Thursday, March 9
- Girls Basketball Regional – Final @ Marquette, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 10
- Boys Basketball District – Final @ Comstock Park, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball District – Final @ Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Fans also can access scores of games in-progress on the NFHS Network website via ScoreStream. Click on the Scores button in the upper right corner.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for another year with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.