The Flint sports community lost a longtime contributor Monday, and one that no doubt left heavy hearts all over Michigan. Longtime Flint Powers Catholic coach Jack Pratt died at the age of 84.
His career covered roughly a half-century and included more than 300 football wins and nearly 400 on the basketball court. He coached well into the last decade and into his late 70s. Ross Maghielse memorializes him well.
1. HOCKEY Goalie Ryan Nickerson was among standouts as Division 1 No. 2 Brighton defeated No. 3 Clarkston 3-1 – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
2. GIRLS BASKETBALL Braylin Johnson’s basket with 5.2 seconds to play was the difference in Mason County Eastern’s 36-34 win over Bear Lake – Ludington Daily News
3. BOYS BASKETBALL Saginaw followed TJ Stevenson Jr. to a 78-70 win over Davison – Mid-Michigan Now
4. BOYS BASKETBALL Center Line earned another close win, 60-57 over Eastpointe – Detroit News
5. GIRLS BASKETBALL Kalamazoo Central earned its first victory, downing rival Battle Creek Central 62-42 – WWMT
6. BOYS BASKETBALL Evart came back from a six-point deficit entering the fourth quarter to defeat Lake City 47-37 – Cadillac News
7. GIRLS BASKETBALL Ishpeming went on the road and defeated Gladstone 41-26 – Escanaba Daily Press
8. BOYS BASKETBALL Macomb Dakota also earned its first victory, 61-44 over Romeo – Macomb Daily
9. GIRLS BASKETBALL Riverview earned a notable nonleague victory 61-46 over Trenton – Southgate News-Herald
10. BOYS SWIMMING & DIVING Midland Dow – No. 10 in Lower Peninsula Division 2 – earned nine first places in defeating Lapeer 142-43 – Midland Daily News