Resources for MHSAA Softball Officials
MHSAA Interpretations, Guidelines and Authoritative Rulings
- MHSAA Equipment Rules
- Game Suspension and Inclement Weather Policies
- USA Bat Certification Listings
- DP/FLEX Card: 6 Rules for Coaches & Umpires
- NFHS DP/FLEX Quick Reference Chart
Softball Officials Bulletins
- Officials Incident Report (ejections, forfeits and notable injuries)
- School Sportsmanship Feedback (Officials Event Report)
Important Forms, Documents and Links
- Social Media Guidelines for MHSAA Officials
- Registered Assigner Directory
- Local Approved Association Directory
- Officials Directory
- Officials Incident Report Writing Guide
- Ratings Reminder for Schools
General Requirements (all levels): To be eligible for tournament consideration, an official must have completed or attended the current year rules meeting and officiated a minimum of 12 contests during the current season.
Regional, Quarterfinal or Semifinal/Final Level(s): An official must submit a season schedule to the MHSAA for review, have compiled at least 16 ratings over the previous three years, have (at minimum) a 3.0 three-year average rating, be listed as a Member in Good Standing with a Local Approved Association in the sport and complete and pass the current year rules exam (≥80%).
Postseason Limitations: An official that works a Semifinal/Final is ineligible for another Semifinal/Final consideration for the next three seasons.
- Availability and Conflicts
- 2023 Umpires Exam for Postseason Consideration
- Member in Good Standing Status (MIGS)
- Schedule for Postseason Consideration | Postseason Checklist
Tutorial for Submitting Season Schedules
Camps and Clinics
- Softball Umpires Rating Card
Cards will be filled in duplicate (one for home and one for visitor). For DHs, two sets of cards should be printed. For tournaments where the teams are not known, umpires should print a number of blank cards to be completed prior to the start of each game.