Another Championship Week on MHSAA.tv Begins with Volleyball Quarterfinals
By Jon Ross
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
November 16, 2021
All 16 Volleyball Quarterfinals scheduled for Tuesday (Nov. 16) will be broadcast on MHSAA.tv to kick off a busy week of Michigan High School Athletic Association tournament events also including Semifinals and Finals in volleyball, Finals in Lower Peninsula girls swimming & diving and 8-player football, and Semifinals in 11-player football.
The winners of Volleyball Quarterfinal matches will advance to this weekend’s Semifinals and Finals at Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek. Division 1 and 4 Semifinals will be played Thursday (Nov. 18), Division 2 and 3 Semifinals on Friday (Nov. 19) and all four Finals will be played Saturday (Nov. 20).
Visit the Volleyball page of the MHSAA Website (https://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/Girls-Volleyball/2021-Finals) for full details, and see below for the Quarterfinal schedule with links to broadcasts:
► Davison vs. Bloomfield Hills Marian – 7 p.m.
► Rockford vs. Hudsonville – 7 p.m.
► Ann Arbor Skyline vs. Northville – 7 p.m.
► Dearborn Divine Child vs. Macomb Dakota – 7 p.m.
► Cadillac vs. North Branch – 7 p.m.
► Lake Odessa Lakewood vs. Onsted – 7 p.m.
► Grand Rapids Christian vs. Niles – 7:30 p.m.
► Detroit Country Day vs. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep – 5 p.m.
► Muskegon Western Michigan Christian vs. Watervliet – 7 p.m.
► Royal Oak Shrine Catholic vs. Reese – 6 p.m.
► Calumet vs. McBain – 6 p.m.
► Pewamo-Westphalia vs. Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central – 7 p.m.
► Battle Creek St. Philip vs. Adrian Lenawee Christian – 6 p.m.
► Allen Park Inter-City Baptist vs. Ubly – 6 p.m.
► Ironwood vs. Indian River Inland Lakes – 6 p.m.
► Traverse City Christian vs. Mount Pleasant Sacred Heart – 6 p.m.
Once Semifinals and Finals matches are determined, those links will be found by clicking Volleyball.
The Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals will be competed at three sites, with preliminaries Friday and championships in all events Saturday. Visit the Girls Swimming & Diving page of the MHSAA Website (https://www.mhsaa.com/Sports/Girls-Swimming-Diving) for full details. Competition begins at noon both days, and all three meets will be broadcast both days, with announcers detailing the action as well during Saturday’s championship events:
► Lower Peninsula Division 1 at Holland Aquatic Center
► Lower Peninsula Division 2 at Oakland University
► Lower Peninsula Division 3 at Calvin University
The 8-player football season concludes Saturday with championship games in both divisions at Superior Dome at Northern Michigan University. Both games will be broadcast live on MHSAA.tv – the Division 1 Final between Adrian Lenawee Christian and Suttons Bay kicks off at 11 a.m., and Division 2 between Colon and Powers North Central will begin approximately 2 p.m. Both will re-air on MHSAA media partner Bally Sports Detroit’s primary channel Nov. 25, with Division 1 at 7 p.m. and Division 2 at 10 p.m.
Bally Sports Detroit also will continue its weekly live cable TV broadcasts with Saturday’s 11-Player Division 1 Semifinal between Sterling Heights Stevenson and Belleville. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. on BSD’s primary channel, and the game also may be watched on the BSD website and app.
For a complete schedule of 11-Player Semifinals to be broadcast live Saturday on MHSAA.tv, click Football. Links to broadcasts will be added throughout this week.
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $10.99 per month. Subscribers have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. School Broadcast Program participants benefit as a portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
More than 400 MHSAA member schools are participants in the School Broadcast Program, now in its 13th year, producing games using traditional hands-on student crews or via Pixellot cameras installed at stadiums and gymnasiums across the state. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA Website.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/2/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 2, 2023
1. GOLF Cedarville/DeTour’s girls repeated as Upper Peninsula Division 3 champions, and Rock Mid Peninsula’s boys won their first Finals championship – MHSAA.com Girls | Boys
2. GIRLS SOCCER No. 12 Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central scored the lone goal in its Division 1 District Final against No. 3 Forest Hills Northern – Grand Rapids Press
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 11 Plainwell clinched a Division 2 District title with a 3-0 win over No. 8 Stevensville Lakeshore – WWMT
4. GIRLS SOCCER Pinckney defeated Jackson 2-0 to claim a Division 1 District title, its first in girls soccer – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
5. GIRLS SOCCER Sam Johnson’s courageous effort helped No. 2 North Muskegon to a Division 4 District title win over No. 11 Muskegon Western Michigan Christian – CatchMark SportsNet
6. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Elk Rapids advanced with a Division 3 District Final win over No. 13 Boyne City – Up North Live
7. GIRLS SOCCER No. 2 Bloomfield Hills Marian clinched a Division 2 District title with a 2-0 win over No. 7 Cranbrook Kingswood – Oakland Press
8. GIRLS SOCCER Unranked DeWitt scored the game’s lone goal in overtime to get past No. 13 Mason and claim a Division 2 District title – Lansing State Journal
9. BOYS GOLF No. 6 Rochester Adams shot a 306 to win its LPD1 Regional with No. 13 Lake Orion second and Bloomfield Hills third – Macomb Daily
10. GIRLS SOCCER Bay City Western advanced in Division 2 with a District-clinching shootout win over Mount Pleasant – Bay City Times