More Live Spring Streams On MHSAA TV
May 9, 2017
By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
After a week during which most of its games were washed out to weather conditions, members of the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program are back at it again with a slate of more than a dozen games scheduled for viewing on MHSAA.tv.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of live video streams being produced by SBP members (All times Eastern):
Tuesday, May 9
- Baseball - Wakefield-Marenisco at Calumet, 4 p.m.
- Softball – Oxford at Lake Orion, 4:30 p.m.
- Baseball - Wakefield-Marenisco at Calumet, 6 p.m.
- Girls Soccer – Grand Ledge at East Lansing, 7 p.m. (On Demand)
Thursday, May 11
- Softball – Hillman at Rogers City, 4 p.m. (On Demand)
- Softball – Hancock at Calumet, 4 p.m.
- Baseball – Hillman at Rogers City, 4 p.m. (On Demand)
- Baseball – Hillman at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m. (On Demand)
- Softball – Hillman at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m. (On Demand)
- Softball – Hancock at Calumet, 6 p.m.
Friday, May 12
- Track & Field – CAAC Blue Meet at East Lansing, Noon (On Demand)
Monday, May 15
- JV Baseball – Rudyard at Rogers City, 4 p.m. (On Demand)
- JV Baseball – Rudyard at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m. (On Demand)
- Girls Soccer – Oxford at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 16
- Baseball – Hancock at Calumet, 4 p.m.
- Baseball – Hancock at Calumet, 6 p.m.
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
The NFHS Network has announced new pricing for 2016-17, eliminating the Day Pass and lowering the cost of a Month Pass to $9.95. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for the spring season with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package consists of clips of a girls lacrosse game with DeWitt at East Lansing, a girls soccer match Fowlerville at Williamston and a baseball game Mt. Morris at Montrose.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/5/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 5, 2023
2. TRACK & FIELD/GIRLS TENNIS The busiest Saturday of the MHSAA school sports calendar again saw Finals for 14 divisions of track & field and four of Lower Peninsula girls tennis provide this time 19 team champions, with a tie in Upper Peninsula Division 3 girls track. We covered all 18 events – MHSAA.com
2. BASEBALL Unranked Lake Orion enjoyed the most major upset of the weekend, downing top-ranked Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 3-2 in a Division 1 District Final – Cold Weather Bats
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Rochester Hills Stoney Creek delivered top-ranked Rochester High its lone loss, 3-1, in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
4. BASEBALL Unranked Midland Dow also did its part to shake up Division 1 with a 2-1 upset of No. 2 Bay City Western in a District Final – Midland Daily News
5. SOFTBALL Division 2 top-ranked Gaylord won a matchup of favorites, 13-1 over No. 2 Escanaba before finishing the District title run with a 10-0 win over Cheboygan – Petoskey News-Review
6. GIRLS LACROSSE Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern/Eastern repeated as a Division 1 Regional champ with a 14-11 win over Rockford – FOX 17
7. BASEBALL No. 12 Birmingham Seaholm edged No. 4 Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice 4-3 in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
8. BASEBALL Unranked Grandville also repeated as a District champ with a 5-3 upset of No. 9 Jenison in Division 1 – Grand Rapids Press
9. SOFTBALL/BASEBALL The Lansing Waverly softball team and Mason baseball team celebrated their first District championships – Lansing State Journal
10. SOFTBALL Royal Oak also was a first-time District champion with its 20-9 clinching win over Berkley – Oakland Press