3 SBP Schools Receive DSBA Grants
November 8, 2016
By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Three members of the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program have been named recipients of grants from the Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association to purchase equipment for their broadcasting programs.
Cedar Springs, Montrose and Taylor Truman high schools were three of seven to receive grants from the DSBA which will be used to purchase audio and video equipment. Check presentations to each school took place in September.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
Six Regional Final games in the MHSAA Football Playoffs – powered by the Michigan Army National Guard – will have live streaming video this weekend on FoxSportsDetroit.com and MHSAA.tv.
It’s the third weekend of Playoffs on the PrepZone on FoxSportsDetroit.com, where the following games will be featured on Friday (Nov. 11) at 7 p.m.
- Detroit Cass Tech at Saline
- Southfield Arts & Technology at Utica Eisenhower
- Byron Center at Muskegon
- Lakewood Lake Odessa v. Hudsonville Unity Christian at Jenison High School
Saturday (Nov. 13) Playoff games live on MHSAA.tv are covered by members participating in the School Broadcast Program. This week’s games are:
- Escanaba at Grand Rapids Catholic Central – 1 p.m.
- Ubly vs. New Lothrop at Chesaning High School – 1 p.m.
- Maple City Glen Lake at Calumet – 1 p.m.
- Pewamo-Westphalia at Traverse City St. Francis – 1 p.m.
All PrepZone games will be archived on MHSAA.tv.
A subscription to watch live on MHSAA.tv is $9.95 and allows access to the full schedule of MHSAA Tournaments during the month of November:
- Nov. 17-19 – Girls Volleyball Semifinals & Finals
- Nov. 19 – Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals
- Nov. 19 – Football Playoff Semifinals (12 games)
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Weekly highlights from games produced by participants in the MHSAA's School Broadcast Program are back for another school year on MHSAA.tv. This week's highlights include a Girls Volleyball District Final between Clarkston and Lake Orion, a Boys Soccer Semifinal match between Grand Rapids Catholic Central and Charlevoix and a Football Playoff contest with Escanaba at Alma.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/2/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 2, 2023
1. GOLF Cedarville/DeTour’s girls repeated as Upper Peninsula Division 3 champions, and Rock Mid Peninsula’s boys won their first Finals championship – MHSAA.com Girls | Boys
2. GIRLS SOCCER No. 12 Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central scored the lone goal in its Division 1 District Final against No. 3 Forest Hills Northern – Grand Rapids Press
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 11 Plainwell clinched a Division 2 District title with a 3-0 win over No. 8 Stevensville Lakeshore – WWMT
4. GIRLS SOCCER Pinckney defeated Jackson 2-0 to claim a Division 1 District title, its first in girls soccer – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
5. GIRLS SOCCER Sam Johnson’s courageous effort helped No. 2 North Muskegon to a Division 4 District title win over No. 11 Muskegon Western Michigan Christian – CatchMark SportsNet
6. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Elk Rapids advanced with a Division 3 District Final win over No. 13 Boyne City – Up North Live
7. GIRLS SOCCER No. 2 Bloomfield Hills Marian clinched a Division 2 District title with a 2-0 win over No. 7 Cranbrook Kingswood – Oakland Press
8. GIRLS SOCCER Unranked DeWitt scored the game’s lone goal in overtime to get past No. 13 Mason and claim a Division 2 District title – Lansing State Journal
9. BOYS GOLF No. 6 Rochester Adams shot a 306 to win its LPD1 Regional with No. 13 Lake Orion second and Bloomfield Hills third – Macomb Daily
10. GIRLS SOCCER Bay City Western advanced in Division 2 with a District-clinching shootout win over Mount Pleasant – Bay City Times