By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Cedar Springs, Montrose and Taylor Truman high schools were three of seven to receive grants from the DSBA which will be used to purchase audio and video equipment. Check presentations to each school took place in September.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
It’s the third weekend of Playoffs on the PrepZone on FoxSportsDetroit.com, where the following games will be featured on Friday (Nov. 11) at 7 p.m.
- Detroit Cass Tech at Saline
- Southfield Arts & Technology at Utica Eisenhower
- Byron Center at Muskegon
- Lakewood Lake Odessa v. Hudsonville Unity Christian at Jenison High School
Saturday (Nov. 13) Playoff games live on MHSAA.tv are covered by members participating in the School Broadcast Program. This week’s games are:
- Escanaba at Grand Rapids Catholic Central – 1 p.m.
- Ubly vs. New Lothrop at Chesaning High School – 1 p.m.
- Maple City Glen Lake at Calumet – 1 p.m.
- Pewamo-Westphalia at Traverse City St. Francis – 1 p.m.
All PrepZone games will be archived on MHSAA.tv.
A subscription to watch live on MHSAA.tv is $9.95 and allows access to the full schedule of MHSAA Tournaments during the month of November:
- Nov. 17-19 – Girls Volleyball Semifinals & Finals
- Nov. 19 – Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals
- Nov. 19 – Football Playoff Semifinals (12 games)
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Weekly highlights from games produced by participants in the MHSAA's School Broadcast Program are back for another school year on MHSAA.tv. This week's highlights include a Girls Volleyball District Final between Clarkston and Lake Orion, a Boys Soccer Semifinal match between Grand Rapids Catholic Central and Charlevoix and a Football Playoff contest with Escanaba at Alma.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
Browntown Woodhaven hosted students and families from 14 Downriver-area schools for a "Victory Day" on Sept. 23.