Football Selection Show Goes Global
October 13, 2015
By John Johnson
MHSAA communications director
The watch party of the MHSAA Selection Show on FOX Sports Detroit will go global for the first time Oct. 25, as the 60-minute program announcing the qualifiers and pairings for the MHSAA Football Playoffs also will be streamed online on the FoxSportsDetroit.com website.
Mobile viewing also will be available of the program on FOX Sports GO, which is a free download for Android and iOS devices. The Selection Sunday Show will air live on FOX Sports Detroit at 7 p.m. Oct. 25.
One of the newest members of the MHSAA's School Broadcast Program will debut content Wednesday – live coverage of the Detroit Catholic High School League Boys Soccer Finals. In the first game at 5 p.m., Dearborn Divine Child faces the No. 7 team in the Division 2 coaches poll, Orchard Lake St. Mary's, in the CB title match. The AB championship has Birmingham Brother Rice against Detroit Catholic Central, which is ranked No. 7 in Division 1, at 7 p.m.
The CHSL also will stream its annual football championships Oct. 24 and its girls volleyball finals Oct. 26.
More than two dozen athletic events produced by students involved in the School Broadcast Program are scheduled for the coming week on MHSAA.tv.
In its seventh year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s the schedule of School Broadcast Program events planned this week at MHSAA.tv. On-Demand listings may be available as soon as one hour following an event’s completion. (List as of Oct. 13):
Tuesday – Oct. 13
- Allendale at Comstock Park – JV Girls Volleyball – 5 p.m. – LIVE
- Flint Beecher at Montrose – JV Girls Volleyball – 5:55 p.m. – LIVE
- Allendale at Comstock Park – Girls volleyball – 6:10 p.m. - LIVE
- Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Cedar Springs – Boys Soccer – 6:45 p.m. – LIVE
- Negaunee at Calumet – Girls Volleyball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Hillman at Rogers City – Girls Volleyball – 7 p.m. - LIVE
Wednesday – Oct. 14
- Tawas at Pinconning – Girls Volleyball – 6:30 p.m. – LIVE
Thursday – Oct. 15
- Greenville at Cedar Springs – Girls Volleyball – 6 p.m. – LIVE
- Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park – Girls Volleyball – 6 p.m. – LIVE
- Flint Beecher at Montrose – JV Football – 6:25 p.m. – LIVE
- Allendale at Comstock Park – JV Football – 6:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Marquette at Negaunee – Freshman Football – 6:30 p.m. – On Demand
- Okemos at East Lansing – Girls Volleyball – 6:30 p.m. – On Demand
- Stephenson at Marquette – Girls Volleyball – 7 p.m. - LIVE
Friday – Oct. 16
- Hillman at Whittemore-Prescott – Football – 6:30 p.m. – On Demand
- Ironwood at Calumet – Football – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Allendale at Comstock Park – Football – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Marquette at Negaunee – Football – 7 p.m. – On Demand
- Bellaire at Onaway – Eight-Player Football – 7 p.m. – On Demand
- Rogers City at Oscoda – Football – 7 p.m. – On Demand
- Burton Bendle at Pinconning – Football – 7 p.m. – On Demand
Tuesday – Oct. 20
- Gladstone at Marquette – Girls Volleyball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Au Gres-Sims at Rogers City – Girls Volleyball – 7 p.m. - LIVE
Weekly highlights from games produced by participants in the MHSAA's School Broadcast Program are back for another school year on MHSAA.TV. This week's highlights are from football games East Kentwood at Rockford and Bloomfield Hills at Lake Orion and a boys soccer semifinal match in the Capital Area Activities Conference Cup between Williamston at East Lansing. Watch this week's highlights below.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
Launching at Midnight every Friday throughout the season is MHSAA Football Friday Overtime on FOX Sports Detroit. Mickey York and Rob Rubick host the weekly 30-minute highlights show. The show will re-air most Saturday and Sunday mornings – and will be archived on the FOX Detroit Website. This week, FFOT will re-air at 6, 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. Saturday; and 7 a.m. Sunday on FOX Sports Detroit.
The following games are scheduled to be highlighted this week on Football Friday Overtime:
- Mayville at Detroit Cesar Chavez
- Southfield at Oak Park
- Detroit Catholic Central vs. Warren DeLaSalle at Wayne State University
- New Haven at Clawson
- St. Clair Shores South Lake at Madison Heights Madison
- Plus – SBP Coverage of East Grand Rapids at Lowell and Ironwood at Calumet.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/5/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 5, 2023
2. TRACK & FIELD/GIRLS TENNIS The busiest Saturday of the MHSAA school sports calendar again saw Finals for 14 divisions of track & field and four of Lower Peninsula girls tennis provide this time 19 team champions, with a tie in Upper Peninsula Division 3 girls track. We covered all 18 events – MHSAA.com
2. BASEBALL Unranked Lake Orion enjoyed the most major upset of the weekend, downing top-ranked Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 3-2 in a Division 1 District Final – Cold Weather Bats
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Rochester Hills Stoney Creek delivered top-ranked Rochester High its lone loss, 3-1, in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
4. BASEBALL Unranked Midland Dow also did its part to shake up Division 1 with a 2-1 upset of No. 2 Bay City Western in a District Final – Midland Daily News
5. SOFTBALL Division 2 top-ranked Gaylord won a matchup of favorites, 13-1 over No. 2 Escanaba before finishing the District title run with a 10-0 win over Cheboygan – Petoskey News-Review
6. GIRLS LACROSSE Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern/Eastern repeated as a Division 1 Regional champ with a 14-11 win over Rockford – FOX 17
7. BASEBALL No. 12 Birmingham Seaholm edged No. 4 Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice 4-3 in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
8. BASEBALL Unranked Grandville also repeated as a District champ with a 5-3 upset of No. 9 Jenison in Division 1 – Grand Rapids Press
9. SOFTBALL/BASEBALL The Lansing Waverly softball team and Mason baseball team celebrated their first District championships – Lansing State Journal
10. SOFTBALL Royal Oak also was a first-time District champion with its 20-9 clinching win over Berkley – Oakland Press