By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
More than two dozen sporting events in four different sports will be streamed this week on MHSAA.tv – most of them live – through the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program.
In its seventh year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s the schedule of events School Broadcast Program members plan to stream this week for broadcast at MHSAA.tv. On-Demand listings may be available as soon as one hour following an event’s completion. (List as of Dec. 9):
Thursday – Dec. 10
- Tawas Area at Whittemore-Prescott – Girls Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – On Demand
Friday – Dec. 11
- Cadillac at Alpena – JV Boys Basketball – 5:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Owosso at Haslett – Girls Basketball – 6 p.m. – LIVE
- Cadillac at Alpena – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Rochester at Calumet – Ice Hockey – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Clarkston at Lake Orion – Girls Basketball – 7 p.m. - LIVE
- Three Rivers at Plainwell – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Salem at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood – Ice Hockey – 7:15 p.m. – LIVE
- Eagle River Northland Pines, WI at Calumet – Girls Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Owosso at Haslett – Boys Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
Saturday – Dec. 12
- Cheboygan at Alpena – Ice Hockey – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Hartland at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood – 7:15 p.m. – LIVE
Monday – Dec. 14
- Cheboygan at Alpena – JV Boys Basketball – 5:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Kingsford at Negaunee – Ice Hockey – 7 p.m. – On Demand
- Cheboygan at Alpena – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
Tuesday – Dec. 15
- Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Comstock Park – Freshman Girls Basketball – 4 p.m. – LIVE
- Sault Ste. Marie at Alpena – JV Girls Basketball – 5:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Comstock Park – JV Girls Basketball – 5:30 p.m. – LIVE
- Haslett at East Lansing – Boys Basketball – 7 p.m. – On Demand
- Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Comstock Park – Girls Basketball – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Hancock at Calumet – Girls Basketball – 7:20 p.m. – LIVE
- Sault Ste. Marie at Alpena – Girls Basketball – 7:30 p.m. – LIVE
Wednesday – Dec. 16
- Greenville, Muskegon Reeths-Puffer & Howard City Tri-County at Comstock Park – Wrestling – 5 p.m. – LIVE
- GAC Cheer at Montrose – Girls Competitive Cheer – 5:55 p.m. - LIVE
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
This week’s MHSAA.tv package includes clips from the Detroit County Day/Midland Dow girls basketball and Calumet/Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood ice hockey games.
1. GIRLS GOLF Brighton carded a 318 to lead an elite field after the first day of the two-round Lober Classic; Rockford sat second at 324 – Ludington Daily News
2. GIRLS GOLF Brownstown Woodhaven was first and Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central second at the season-opening Airport Match-Play Tournament – Monroe News
3, GIRLS TENNIS Negaunee won every set in opening the fall with a victory over West Iron County – Marquette Mining Journal
Also of note …
FOOTBALL The story of Brady Hessbrook, and how his family is hoping to help others in similar struggles as they mourn his death, is a must-read as thousands of young people begin another school year – Detroit Free Press