MHSAA TV Ramps Up as Students Return
September 9, 2015
By John Johnson
MHSAA communications director
This week’s MHSAA.tv highlights package includes clips from the East Lansing/East Kentwood and Comstock Park/Wyoming football games and Montrose/Burton Atherton volleyball match, produced by the School Broadcast Program.
In its seventh year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed - are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s the schedule of School Broadcast Program events that members plan to stream this week for broadcast at MHSAA.tv (As of Sept. 8):
- Jackson at East Lansing – Boys Soccer – Wednesday – 6:30 p.m. – On Demand After Game
- Chassell at Calumet – Girls Volleyball – Thursday – 7 p.m. - LIVE
- Ishpeming at Calumet – Football – Friday - 7 p.m. - LIVE
- Greenville at Comstock Park – Football – Friday - 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Jackson at East Lansing – Football – Friday – 7 p.m. – On Demand After Game
- Flushing at Flint Kearsley – Football – Friday – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Lake Fenton at Montrose – Football – Friday – 7 p.m. – LIVE
- Sparta at Cedar Springs – Boys Soccer – Monday (Sept. 14) – 6:45 p.m. - LIVE
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website. Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
In its third week of the season at midnight is MHSAA Football Friday Overtime on FOX Sports Detroit. Mickey York and Rob Rubick host the weekly 30-minute highlights show. The show will re-air most Saturday and Sunday mornings – and will be archived on the FOX Detroit Website. This week, FFOT will re-air at 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Saturday; and 10:30 a.m. Sunday on FOX Sports Detroit.
The following games are scheduled to be highlighted this week on Football Friday Overtime:
- Farmington Hills Harrison at Oak Park
- Clarkston at West Bloomfield
- Detroit Pershing at Detroit Southeastern
- Wyandotte at Southgate Anderson
- Lincoln Park at Trenton
- Holly at Linden
- Swartz Creek at Fenton
State Champs! Michigan: Swing Away Episode 6
May 19, 2023
Join Kara Liles and McKenzie Long for the sixth episode this season of Swing Away.