Soccer, XC Finals Stream Saturday
October 30, 2018
By John Johnson
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
There’s live internet streaming of four MHSAA tournaments this week, featuring the Finals in two sports.
On Saturday (Nov. 3), the four championship games of the Lower Peninsula Boys Soccer Tournament will have live streaming video on MHSAA.tv and live streaming audio on MHSAANetwork.com. Also Saturday, the Finish Line Cam at Michigan International Speedway returns at the L.P. Cross Country Finals on MHSAA.tv.
Three Prep Zone games will take place Friday (Nov. 2) on FoxSportsDetroit.com and the FOX Sports app at 7 p.m.:
• Detroit Catholic Central at West Bloomfield (Div. 1)
• Birmingham Brother Rice at Birmingham Groves (Div. 2)
• Flint Powers Catholic at Williamston (Div. 4)
Viewing of the Prep Zone games is free on the FoxSportsDetroit.com website. Authentication may be required to view on the FOX Sports app. All Prep Zone games also will be available for free on-demand viewing on the MHSAA.tv website.
The Prep Zone is part of the “Football Week In Michigan” promotion by FOX Sports Detroit, which is offering a $2,500 cash prize for the best photo posted on Instagram which shows what Football Week In Michigan means to that individual. Tag the photo @FOXSportsDetroit and include the hashtag #FWIMPHOTOCONTEST. Submissions will be accepted until Nov. 13.
Saturday’s Boys Soccer Finals will be Live on MHSAA.tv on a subscription basis with games at Noon and 3 p.m. at Novi and Comstock Park High Schools, with the games at each site to be announced after the Semifinals on Wednesday (Oct. 31). All games also will have live streaming audio at MHSAANetwork.com.
Both Division 3 Soccer Semifinal games – Macomb Lutheran North vs. Grosse Ile and Hudsonville Unity Christian vs. Ludington – will be live on MHSAA.tv at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
MHSAA.tv also will offer a free live video stream Saturday of the finish line at the Lower Peninsula Cross Country Finals at Michigan International Speedway. The stream will include audio commentary from announcers around the course throughout each race. The morning session with the boys and girls races in Divisions 3 and 4 begins at 9:30 a.m., and the afternoon session with races in Divisions 1 and 2 starts at 1:30 p.m. Live timing of each race will be available on the Cross Country page of the MHSAA Website. Weather permitting, coverage of the awards ceremonies will be provided.
There also will be live coverage of Football District Finals and Girls Volleyball District games this week on MHSAA.tv, being produced by School Broadcast Program schools.
Here is this week’s full schedule on MHSAA.tv:
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District - Flint Beecher vs. Montrose - 12:30 PM
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District - Swartz Creek vs. Saginaw Arthur Hill - 5 PM
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District - Flushing vs. Saginaw Heritage - 7 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District – Ann Arbor Skyline vs. Ann Arbor Pioneer - 5 PM
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District - Covenant Christian vs. Potter's House - 5:30 PM
- Div. 3 Boys Soccer Semifinal - Macomb Lutheran North vs. Grosse Ile - 6 PM
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District - Iron Mountain vs. Norway - 6 PM
- Div. 3 Boys Soccer Semifinal - Hudsonville Unity Christian vs. Ludington - 6 PM
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District - Dexter vs. Ann Arbor Huron - 7 PM
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District - West Iron County vs. Norway - 8 PM
Thursday, Nov. 1
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District - Carman-Ainsworth vs. TBA - 5 PM
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District Final @ Norway - TBA vs. TBA - 6 PM
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District - Flint Kearsley vs. TBA - 7 PM
- Div. 3 Girls Volleyball District Final @ NorthPointe Christian- TBA vs. TBA - 7 PM
Friday, Nov. 2
- Div. 3 Football Playoffs - District Final - Cedar Springs at Mt. Pleasant - 7 PM
- Div. 6 Football Playoffs - District Final - Millington at Montrose - 7 PM
- Div. 2 Football Playoffs - District Final – Warren DeLaSalle vs. Oak Park - 6 PM
Saturday, Nov. 3
- L.P. Cross Country Finals - Finish Line Camera - Divisions 3 & 4 - 9:20 AM
- Div. 1 Girls Volleyball District Final @ Saginaw Heritage – Flint Carman-Ainsworth vs. Flushing – 10 AM
- Div. 4 Football Playoff District Final - Escanaba vs. Alma - 12 PM
- Div. 1 Football Playoff District Final - East Kentwood vs. Saline - 1 PM
- L.P. Cross Country Finals - Finish Line Camera - Divisions 1 & 2 - 1:20 PM
- Div. 4 Boys Soccer Championship – Ann Arbor Greenhills vs Leland - 12:00 PM
- Div. 3 Boys Soccer Championship – Grosse Ile vs Hudsonville Unity Christian - 12:00 PM
- Div. 1 Boys Soccer Championship – Ann Arbor Skyline vs East Kentwood - 3:00 PM
- Div. 2 Boys Soccer Championship – Detroit Country Day vs Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern - 3:00 PM
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $9.95 a month and allow access to the full schedule of MHSAA Tournaments during November:
• Nov. 3 – Boys Soccer Finals
• Nov. 10 – Selected Football Playoff Regional Finals
• Nov. 15-17 – Girls Volleyball Semifinals & Finals
• Nov. 17 – Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Finals
• Nov. 17 – Football Playoff Semifinals (13 games)
All sporting events – live or delayed - are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/5/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 5, 2023
2. TRACK & FIELD/GIRLS TENNIS The busiest Saturday of the MHSAA school sports calendar again saw Finals for 14 divisions of track & field and four of Lower Peninsula girls tennis provide this time 19 team champions, with a tie in Upper Peninsula Division 3 girls track. We covered all 18 events – MHSAA.com
2. BASEBALL Unranked Lake Orion enjoyed the most major upset of the weekend, downing top-ranked Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 3-2 in a Division 1 District Final – Cold Weather Bats
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Rochester Hills Stoney Creek delivered top-ranked Rochester High its lone loss, 3-1, in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
4. BASEBALL Unranked Midland Dow also did its part to shake up Division 1 with a 2-1 upset of No. 2 Bay City Western in a District Final – Midland Daily News
5. SOFTBALL Division 2 top-ranked Gaylord won a matchup of favorites, 13-1 over No. 2 Escanaba before finishing the District title run with a 10-0 win over Cheboygan – Petoskey News-Review
6. GIRLS LACROSSE Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern/Eastern repeated as a Division 1 Regional champ with a 14-11 win over Rockford – FOX 17
7. BASEBALL No. 12 Birmingham Seaholm edged No. 4 Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice 4-3 in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
8. BASEBALL Unranked Grandville also repeated as a District champ with a 5-3 upset of No. 9 Jenison in Division 1 – Grand Rapids Press
9. SOFTBALL/BASEBALL The Lansing Waverly softball team and Mason baseball team celebrated their first District championships – Lansing State Journal
10. SOFTBALL Royal Oak also was a first-time District champion with its 20-9 clinching win over Berkley – Oakland Press