Tournament Action Begins On MHSAA TV
February 8, 2017
By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
With MHSAA winter postseason tournaments beginning this week, MHSAA.tv will provide live video streams of selected events produced by members of the School Broadcast Program.
Team Wrestling takes to the screen on Wednesday and Thursday (Feb. 8-9), with District tournaments being streamed at Comstock Park, East Lansing and Lake Orion.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s the schedule of events School Broadcast Program members plan to stream over the next week for broadcast at MHSAA.tv. (All times Eastern Standard):
Wednesday, Feb. 8
- Freshman Girls Basketball – Essexville Garber at Otisville LakeVille, 3:55 p.m.
- JV Girls Basketball – Essexville Garber at Otisville LakeVille, 5:15 p.m.
- Team Wrestling District – Lansing Everett at East Lansing, 5:30 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Essexville Garber at OtisVille Lakeville, 6:45 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Petoskey at Alpena, 7 p.m.
- Team Wrestling District – District Final at East Lansing, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 9
- Team Wrestling District – Grand Rapids West Catholic at Comstock Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Team Wrestling District – Belding vs. Grand Rapids Catholic Central @ Comstock Park, 5:30 p.m.
- Team Dual Wrestling – Rochester at Lake Orion, 5:30 p.m.
- JV Girls Basketball – Whittemore-Prescott at Rogers City, 6 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Whittemore-Prescott at Rogers City, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Negaunee at Calumet, 7 p.m.
- Team Wrestling District – District Final at Comstock Park, 7:15 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Escanaba at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Iron Mountain at Negaunee, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 10
- Boys Basketball – Ishpeming at Negaunee, 6:30 p.pm.
- Ice Hockey – Traverse City Central at Alpena, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Farmington Hills Harrison at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Livonia Stevenson at Detroit Catholic Central, 7:10 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Port Huron Northern at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood, 7:15 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 11
- Ice Hockey – Traverse City West at Alpena, 4 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Detroit U-D Jesuit at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood, 5 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Grandville at Detroit Catholic Central, 6:40 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 13
- Girls Basketball – Utica Eisenhower at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Houghton at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 14
- JV Girls Basketball – Millington at Otisville LakeVille, 5:25 p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball – Mio at Rogers City, 6 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Millington at Otisville LakeVille, 6:45 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Sparta at Comstock Park, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Cedar Springs, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Houghton at Calumet, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Mio at Rogers City, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – L’Anse at Calumet, 7:20 p.m.
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
The NFHS Network has announced new pricing for 2016-17, eliminating the Day Pass and lowering the cost of a Month Pass to $9.95. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. Some schools also will be selling Annual Passes at a discounted rate. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Fans also can access scores of games in-progress on the NFHS Network website via ScoreStream. Click on the Scores button in the upper right corner.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for another year with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package consists of clips from last week’s boys basketball game Grayling at Charlevoix, a girls basketball game pitting Williamston at East Lansing and a boys basketball game Lowell at Cedar Springs.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/2/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 2, 2023
1. GOLF Cedarville/DeTour’s girls repeated as Upper Peninsula Division 3 champions, and Rock Mid Peninsula’s boys won their first Finals championship – MHSAA.com Girls | Boys
2. GIRLS SOCCER No. 12 Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central scored the lone goal in its Division 1 District Final against No. 3 Forest Hills Northern – Grand Rapids Press
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 11 Plainwell clinched a Division 2 District title with a 3-0 win over No. 8 Stevensville Lakeshore – WWMT
4. GIRLS SOCCER Pinckney defeated Jackson 2-0 to claim a Division 1 District title, its first in girls soccer – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
5. GIRLS SOCCER Sam Johnson’s courageous effort helped No. 2 North Muskegon to a Division 4 District title win over No. 11 Muskegon Western Michigan Christian – CatchMark SportsNet
6. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Elk Rapids advanced with a Division 3 District Final win over No. 13 Boyne City – Up North Live
7. GIRLS SOCCER No. 2 Bloomfield Hills Marian clinched a Division 2 District title with a 2-0 win over No. 7 Cranbrook Kingswood – Oakland Press
8. GIRLS SOCCER Unranked DeWitt scored the game’s lone goal in overtime to get past No. 13 Mason and claim a Division 2 District title – Lansing State Journal
9. BOYS GOLF No. 6 Rochester Adams shot a 306 to win its LPD1 Regional with No. 13 Lake Orion second and Bloomfield Hills third – Macomb Daily
10. GIRLS SOCCER Bay City Western advanced in Division 2 with a District-clinching shootout win over Mount Pleasant – Bay City Times