By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Three straight weekends of MHSAA Spring Championships action on MHSAA.tv begin Saturday (June 3) with exclusive live video coverage of the MHSAA Track & Field Finals.
The action begins at 10 a.m. (EDT) at Lower Peninsula sites in the greater Grand Rapids area – East Kentwood (Div. 1), Zeeland (Div. 2), Comstock Park (Div. 3) and Houseman Field (Div. 4) – as well as at the Upper Peninsula Finals in Kingsford.
Here’s the complete schedule (girls run first in all events in 2017):
Lower Peninsula Finals
- 10 a.m. – 3,200-Meter Relay Final; Round One – 100-Meter Dash, 110 & 100-Meter Hurdles, 200-Meter Dash
- 1 p.m. – Running Finals (110 & 100 Hurdles, 100 Dash, 800 Relay, 1,600 Run, 400 Relay, 300 Hurdles, 800 Run, 200 Dash, 3,200 Run, 1,600 Relay)
Upper Peninsula Finals (All event times approximate & EDT)
- 10 a.m. – 3,200 Relay
- 11:45 a.m. – 110 & 100 Hurdles
- 12:15 a.m. – 100 Dash
- 12:45 a.m. – 800 Relay
- 1:15 p.m. – 1,600 Run
- 1:45 p.m. – 400 Relay
- 2:15 p.m. – 400 Dash
- 2:45 p.m. – 300 Hurdles
- 3:15 p.m. – 800 Run
- 3:45 p.m. – 200 Dash
- 4:15 p.m. – 3,200 Run
- 5:15 p.m. – 1,600 Relay
Field events will not be shown. Awards presentations in all events will be shown when not in conflict with running events taking place at the same time.
Click for the MHSAA.tv Track Finals page.
The NFHS Network is offering a 30-day subscription for just $9.95, a pass which will provide access to more than 100 hours of live programming of Spring Finals. Over the following weekends, MHSAA Finals in Boys and Girls Lacrosse (June 10), Girls Soccer (June 16-17) and Semifinals and Finals in Baseball and Softball (June 15-17) will be streamed live. All events will be archived for free on-demand viewing, beginning three days after their completion. Subscriptions must be cancelled before the 30-day period is over to avoid recurring charges.
1. GIRLS GOLF Brighton carded a 318 to lead an elite field after the first day of the two-round Lober Classic; Rockford sat second at 324 – Ludington Daily News
2. GIRLS GOLF Brownstown Woodhaven was first and Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central second at the season-opening Airport Match-Play Tournament – Monroe News
3, GIRLS TENNIS Negaunee won every set in opening the fall with a victory over West Iron County – Marquette Mining Journal
Also of note …
FOOTBALL The story of Brady Hessbrook, and how his family is hoping to help others in similar struggles as they mourn his death, is a must-read as thousands of young people begin another school year – Detroit Free Press