2023 Summit Registration
For more than 20 years the MHSAA has provided a Sportsmanship Summit experience to students across Michigan. The Summits are back with new breakout topics, more interaction within the sessions, and additional time for students to present ideas to other students.
Workshop sessions will focus on sportsmanship both on and off the court and feature hands-on activities including one session developed and instructed by members of the MHSAA Student Advisory Council. At the end of the day the delegation from each participating school will meet to develop a school sportsmanship campaign.
Breakouts at each Summit also provide a great opportunity for student sections to learn about appropriate student section behavior. There will be information for the veteran student sections and guides for schools that want to start their own organized student sections for the first time.
Sportsmanship Summits last from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and the cost is $30 per participant (for both students and administrators). Lunch is included. Registration at each site is limited to 225. Schools are welcome to bring as many as 10 total representatives, including two administrators. Reserve your spots today by registering online.
If you have questions, contact Andy Frushour at the MHSAA office – [email protected] or 517-332-5046.
2023 Summit Schedule
- KALAMAZOO at the Radisson Plaza Hotel on November 6
- LANSING at The Crowne Plaza on November 7
- TROY at the San Marino Club on November 8
- TRAVERSE CITY at the Grand Traverse Hotel on November 13
Sportsmanship Summits last from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Past Summit Resources
- 2018 Theme Night Ideas
- 2017 Theme Night Ideas
- 2017 Sportsmanship Code
- 2016 Theme Night Ideas
- 2015 Theme Night Ideas
- 2014 Theme Night, Fundraising, Community Involvement and Social Media ideas (PDF)
- 2012 - Review of Sportsmanship Summit (YouTube)
- Action Plan Overviews (from 2010 Sportsmanship Summit Series)
- 5 Tips For Showing Great Sportsmanship (from 2010 Sportsmanship Summit Series)
- Slogans From SCREAM: 2008 Sportsmanship Summit
- Student Created Content From Summit 2006