The Athletic Administrator role is the most vital bridge between your local school programs and the MHSAA. The MHSAA is always willing to assist with issues concerning Association regulations. Please remember, the most efficient method of communication with the MHSAA on eligibility questions is through the athletic director or principal. Coaches or parents calling the MHSAA on eligibility matters can create confusion and delay. Please follow this efficient path of communication and thank you for your service.
Search for MHSAA participating schools to find information on leagues, staff, and upcoming game schedules.
Access quick reference calendars and upcoming testing dates
Health and Safety
Access health and safety resources such as physical forms, concussion information, heat illness resources, cardiovascular resources, and more.
School Administrator Services
Login to access a number of My MHSAA services for administrators, including your AD Dashboard, Attesting, Updating coach information, Games Wanted and much more
Physical Exam/Medical History
The most frequently requested and downloaded form is the Student-Athlete Physical Exam / Medical History Form. Schools may download or order any applicable forms below.
RC, Exec and Committee Minutes
Access minutes from previous MHSAA committee meetings, including Executive Committee and Representative Council meetings.
Education and In-Service Programs
- 2023-24 Update Meetings and AD In-Service - Register HERE
Dates and Locations
Mon. Oct. 2 – Gaylord, Otsego Club & Resort
Wed. Oct. 4 – DeWitt, Banquet & Conference Center - (Annual Business Meeting)
Fri. Oct. 20 – Marquette, Superior Dome (no fee, no meal)
- 2023-24 New AD Orientation - Register HERE
Date and Location
Thur. Nov. 16 – East Lansing, MHSAA - (Session II)
Current Links, Actions & Resources
- Board of Canvassers Report - September 2023
- Concussion Insurance Benefits Information and Forms
- 2023-24 Rules Meetings and Coaches Requirements
- "Benching Bad Behavior" -- NFHS Campaign
- International Student Policy (2023-24):
Approved International Student Program (AISP) Application - Word Doc | PDF | 2023-24 AISP Listings
- International Student Enrollment and Athletic Eligibility - Memo
- Representative Council Summary - 2022-23
- Committee Nomination Form
- AD and Coach Guidelines for Rating Officials
- Sanctioned Events: List, Requirements and FAQ
- Air Quality & Sport Participation Guidelines
View Co-Op, Classification, and Enrollment lists for current and previous seasons
Administrative Resource Links
- MHSAA Multi-Sport Resource Page
- MHSAA Rules Meetings
- 2023-24 National Test Dates
- CAP - Schedule & Registration
- CAP Administrative Forms
- MIAAA Elements of Effective Athletic Administration
- 10 Basic Beliefs of Michigan Interscholastic Athletics
- Student Leadership Scholarship, Grants and other Resources
- CSIET Website
- Women in Sports Leadership Conference
- MHSAA Accident Medical & Concussion Insurance
- The Values of School Sports: A Resource Page
- Athletic Program Assessment Tool
Admin Forms & Publications
Access forms for physicals, medical histories, eligibility, transfers, and more.
- Eligibility Brochure
- "In Other Words" Videos
- Summer Dead Period and Preseason Down Time
- Out-of-Season Coaching Regulations
- Anti-Recruiting Rules
- Sport-Specific Transfer Rule
- Residential Change Checklist
- A Guide to Non-Traditional Schools & Students
- Summary of Handbook Eligibility Regulations
- Failing Classes and Eligibility Summary
- Online or Virtual Learning Athletic Eligibility
- International Student Checklist
- Contest Ejection and Next Day of Competition
- Return to Activity & Post-Concussion Consent Form
- Concussion Protocol
- One Season Per Sport
- Live Video Streaming Regulations | 2023-24 Multimedia Regulations
Search for schools and schedules by league, level, sport, and more
View MHSAA award winners from current and previous seasons and find out how to nominate future award winners.
Were you Ejected/Disqualified?
All coaches or athletes who were ejected/disqualified from a game are required to take one of the NFHS courses before returning after the next day of competition. This disqualification guide describes the protocols for returning to play.
- MHSAA Event Security Preparedness Document
- Inclement Weather Guidelines
- Heat Stress and Athletic Participation Tips
- Air Quality & Sport Participation Guidelines
- School Guidelines for Hosting Officials
- School Guidelines for Hosting Media
- Regular-Season Public Address Scripts
- Tournament Medical Incident Report Form
- Regular-Season Program Content and Artwork
- Athletic Event Planning Guide
- NFHS & MHSAA Sanctioned Events
NFHS Free Online Courses
The NFHS offers a series of FREE online courses regarding many topics affecting school sports. Topics include student leadership, sportsmanship, numerous safety topics, and the role of parents in sports.
Visit the sportsmanship page for material to help you encourage sportsmanship in high school athletics and register for Sportsmanship Summits.
"Benching Bad Behavior" -- NFHS Campaign
Public Address Announcers
View resources for public address announcers, such as scripts, promos, and best practice guides
Visit the Michigan Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
Sports Participation Listings
At the end of every school year MHSAA member schools report their number of participants in each sport. Statewide results are compiled into this annual participation report.
Every year since 2004 schools have completed a survey documenting participation fees. Statewide results are compiled into this annual participation report.