Boys Soccer Tournament Kicks Off This Week with Openers on MHSAA.tv
By Jon Ross
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
October 12, 2021
The first round of District play for Lower Peninsula boys soccer teams kicks off Wednesday (Oct. 13) with more than 20 playoff games being broadcast this week on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network.
Among notable openers are a Division 1 matchup of Holt (9-6) at East Lansing (11-3-2), scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday. In Division 2, Coldwater (11-6-2) hosts Parma Western (7-5) in a 6 p.m. opener also Wednesday.
A pair of Tuesday (Oct. 12) matchups among ranked volleyball teams also highlights this week’s broadcast listings. Division 2 No. 2 Grand Rapids Christian hosts Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at 6 p.m., and Division 1 No. 7 Novi travels to No. 8 Northville for a 6:30 p.m. match.
Week 8 of the football regular season will see more than 175 games broadcast on MHSAA.tv, plus a pair streamed by MHSAA media partners. This week’s Bally Sports Detroit live cable game features reigning Division 5 runner-up Frankenmuth (7-0) taking on Essexville Garber (5-2) in the Tri-Valley Conference, kicking off at 7 p.m. Friday (Oct. 15) on the Bally Sports Detroit PLUS channel as well as online and on the BSD app. State Champs! Sports Network will stream on its website Saturday’s 1 p.m. matchup between Detroit Loyola (3-3) and Detroit Country Day (4-2).
See below for links to a number of notable events on the Network this week:
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Montague at Whitehall
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Traverse City West at Marquette
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Three Rivers at Plainwell
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Mount Pleasant at Bay City Western
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Mancelona at Charlevoix
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice at Traverse City Central
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Birmingham Groves at Clarkston
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Royal Oak Shrine Catholic at Clarkston Everest Collegiate
Oct. 12, 6 p.m.: Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern at Grand Rapids Christian
Oct. 12, 6:30 p.m.: Negaunee at Calumet
Oct. 12, 6:30 p.m. Novi at Northville
Oct. 13, 5 p.m.: Cadillac at Traverse City Central
Oct. 14, 7 p.m.: Essexville Garber at Freeland
Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m. Brown City at Ubly
Oct. 13, 6 p.m.: Parma Western at Coldwater
Oct. 13, 7 p.m.: Holt at East Lansing
Oct. 14, 6 p.m.: Plymouth at Canton
Oct. 15, 7 p.m.: Haslett at Mason
Click the links below to see all three sports’ listings in full:
Football – Volleyball – Boys Soccer
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $10.99 per month. Subscribers have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. School Broadcast Program participants benefit as a portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
More than 400 MHSAA member schools are participants in the School Broadcast Program, now in its 13th year, producing games using traditional hands-on student crews or via Pixellot cameras installed at stadiums and gymnasiums across the state. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA Website.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/5/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 5, 2023
2. TRACK & FIELD/GIRLS TENNIS The busiest Saturday of the MHSAA school sports calendar again saw Finals for 14 divisions of track & field and four of Lower Peninsula girls tennis provide this time 19 team champions, with a tie in Upper Peninsula Division 3 girls track. We covered all 18 events – MHSAA.com
2. BASEBALL Unranked Lake Orion enjoyed the most major upset of the weekend, downing top-ranked Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 3-2 in a Division 1 District Final – Cold Weather Bats
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Rochester Hills Stoney Creek delivered top-ranked Rochester High its lone loss, 3-1, in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
4. BASEBALL Unranked Midland Dow also did its part to shake up Division 1 with a 2-1 upset of No. 2 Bay City Western in a District Final – Midland Daily News
5. SOFTBALL Division 2 top-ranked Gaylord won a matchup of favorites, 13-1 over No. 2 Escanaba before finishing the District title run with a 10-0 win over Cheboygan – Petoskey News-Review
6. GIRLS LACROSSE Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern/Eastern repeated as a Division 1 Regional champ with a 14-11 win over Rockford – FOX 17
7. BASEBALL No. 12 Birmingham Seaholm edged No. 4 Bloomfield Hills Brother Rice 4-3 in a Division 1 District Final – Oakland Press
8. BASEBALL Unranked Grandville also repeated as a District champ with a 5-3 upset of No. 9 Jenison in Division 1 – Grand Rapids Press
9. SOFTBALL/BASEBALL The Lansing Waverly softball team and Mason baseball team celebrated their first District championships – Lansing State Journal
10. SOFTBALL Royal Oak also was a first-time District champion with its 20-9 clinching win over Berkley – Oakland Press