Highlight Reel: Boys & Girls Lacrosse Finals
June 11, 2016
By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
Three teams maintained their winning ways at the MHSAA Lacrosse Finals on June 11, as Birmingham Brother Rice, East Grand Rapids and Rockford all successfully defended their titles in games played in Brighton and Howell.
Below are links to video highlights from Saturday’s games. Click on the final scores to watch games in their entirety and purchase DVDs.
Division 1: Birmingham Brother Rice 10, Detroit Catholic Central 8
Great Scott - Birmingham Brother Rice and Detroit Catholic Central traded goals for most of the first half of the Division 1 Final, but Brother Rice took a 5-4 halftime lead on a goal off a restart by Ryan Scott.
Shamrocks Keep It Close - Detroit Catholic Central pulls closer in the fourth period against Brother Rice on this goal from Brennan Kamish.
Division 2: Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central 10, East Grand Rapids 6
Hallock Hammers It - Tanner Hallock of Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central scored the first two goals of the Division 2 championship game against East Grand Rapids, the first coming on this blast with 8:31 remaining in the first period.
Pretty Play For Pioneers - In transition, East Grand Rapids gets its first goal against Forest Hills Central. Ben Keller finishes the play.
Division 1: Rockford 12, Birmingham United 9
Stachler Steals One - Birmingham United jumped out to a 4-0 lead on Rockford midway through the first half of the Division 1 title game. The fourth goal came when Jena Bazil steals the ball from Rockford's goalkeeper, and Anna Stachler converts on the turnover.
Mac Attack - Rockford scored the last four goals of the game against Birmingham United; the second off a restart by Mekenzie Vander Molen proved to be the game winner.
Houle Stones Waechter - In the final minute of the Division 1 Final, Birmingham United's Abbie Waechter breaks loose for a 1 v. 1 on Rockford goalie Briana Houle, who makes the big save to preserve the lead.
Division 2: East Grand Rapids 13, Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood 11
Cranes Start Hot - Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood started off the Division 2 Final against East Grand Rapids with three unanswered goals in less than four minutes. Here's some nifty work by Isabelle Scane on the second goal.
Elliott to Duca - East Grand Rapids opened up a six-goal lead in the second half. The goal that proved to be the game winner came from Auden Elliott with the assist by Lindsay Duca, who had eight assists on the day, one short of a Finals game record.
PHOTO: Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood and East Grand Rapids face off during the Division 2 girls championship game.
Today in the MHSAA: 6/2/23
By Geoff Kimmerly
MHSAA.com senior editor
June 2, 2023
1. GOLF Cedarville/DeTour’s girls repeated as Upper Peninsula Division 3 champions, and Rock Mid Peninsula’s boys won their first Finals championship – MHSAA.com Girls | Boys
2. GIRLS SOCCER No. 12 Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central scored the lone goal in its Division 1 District Final against No. 3 Forest Hills Northern – Grand Rapids Press
3. GIRLS SOCCER No. 11 Plainwell clinched a Division 2 District title with a 3-0 win over No. 8 Stevensville Lakeshore – WWMT
4. GIRLS SOCCER Pinckney defeated Jackson 2-0 to claim a Division 1 District title, its first in girls soccer – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
5. GIRLS SOCCER Sam Johnson’s courageous effort helped No. 2 North Muskegon to a Division 4 District title win over No. 11 Muskegon Western Michigan Christian – CatchMark SportsNet
6. GIRLS SOCCER No. 3 Elk Rapids advanced with a Division 3 District Final win over No. 13 Boyne City – Up North Live
7. GIRLS SOCCER No. 2 Bloomfield Hills Marian clinched a Division 2 District title with a 2-0 win over No. 7 Cranbrook Kingswood – Oakland Press
8. GIRLS SOCCER Unranked DeWitt scored the game’s lone goal in overtime to get past No. 13 Mason and claim a Division 2 District title – Lansing State Journal
9. BOYS GOLF No. 6 Rochester Adams shot a 306 to win its LPD1 Regional with No. 13 Lake Orion second and Bloomfield Hills third – Macomb Daily
10. GIRLS SOCCER Bay City Western advanced in Division 2 with a District-clinching shootout win over Mount Pleasant – Bay City Times