Brighton and Detroit Catholic Central have a few more connections other than the fact they are the top two seeds in Division 1 at this weekend's MHSAA Team Wrestling Finals at Battle Creek's Kellogg Center.
The Detroit News' David Goricki explains the ties between Brighton coach Sam Amine, his former assistant and current DCC coach Mitch Hancock, and Amine's nephews who will wrestle for the Shamrocks this weekend.
1. GIRLS GOLF Midland won the Saginaw Valley League Tournament on a tie-breaker, but Grand Blanc earned the overall conference championship – Midland Daily News
2. BOYS SOCCER Chesaning finished a Mid-Michigan Activities Conference title run with a 7-1 win over Otisville-LakeVille – Mid-Michigan Now
3. VOLLEYBALL Zeeland East clinched a share of the Ottawa-Kent Conference Green title with a five-set win over Division 1 honorable mention Muskegon Mona Shores – FOX17
4. VOLLEYBALL Shelby clinched a share of the West Michigan Conference Rivers title with a sweep of North Muskegon – Local Sports Journal
5. BOYS TENNIS Ludington – No. 4 in Lower Peninsula Division 4 – earned a share of the West Michigan Conference championship with a shutout of Whitehall – Ludington Daily News
6. BOYS SOCCER Division 1 No. 6 Oxford earned the Oakland Activities Association Red title despite a loss to No. 9 Troy Athens, with top-ranked Berkley also falling to Rochester Adams – Oakland Press
7. BOYS SOCCER Parma Western defeated Coldwater 2-1 to make those two co-champions of the Interstate 8 Athletic Conference – Coldwater Daily Reporter
8. BOYS SOCCER Brighton defeated Division 1 No. 2 Northville for the second time, this time 1-0 – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
9. VOLLEYBALL Reed City moved into a first-place tie with Division 3 honorable mention Morley Stanwood in the Central State Activities Association with a four-set win – MI Sports Now
10. BOYS SOCCER Holt advanced to the Capital Area Activities Conference Gold Cup final with a 2-1 win over Division 2 No. 10 Mason – Lansing State Journal